• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Harbaughs to super bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

That 49er offense looks so dynamic. My understanding is Taggart's will be similar if he can get the right players in here. Let's wish him luck on the recruiting trail.

Jim Harbaugh ran a pro style offense at Stanford. The 49ers offense under Jim and Greg Roman was far from dynamic and considered a weak link of the team most games, especially last season. Enter Colin Kaepernick who took over for game managing QB Alex Smith. The 49ers have been adding elements of former Nevada HC Chris Ault's Pistol Offense by the week and as Kap continues to gain experience he and the 49ers' offense are looking very dynamic these days.

Ault will probably be added to the 49ers staff next season so maybe Taggart can go and learn a little bit of the Pistol at that time. I suspect many teams, HS, College, and Pro will be adding a little Pistol offense to what they already run.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I just hope Tags can adapt to the talent, because we've got some, but we certainly have used it properly recently...

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

That 49er offense looks so dynamic. My understanding is Taggart's will be similar if he can get the right players in here. Let's wish him luck on the recruiting trail.

Jim Harbaugh ran a pro style offense at Stanford. The 49ers offense under Jim and Greg Roman was far from dynamic and considered a weak link of the team most games, especially last season. Enter Colin Kaepernick who took over for game managing QB Alex Smith. The 49ers have been adding elements of former Nevada HC Chris Ault's Pistol Offense by the week and as Kap continues to gain experience he and the 49ers' offense are looking very dynamic these days.

Ault will probably be added to the 49ers staff next season so maybe Taggart can go and learn a little bit of the Pistol at that time. I suspect many teams, HS, College, and Pro will be adding a little Pistol offense to what they already run.

We had a dcouple of pistol sets in our offense last couple of years, though the execution was poor.