• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF @ Rutgirls tonight at 9 PM ESPN2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Coupled with the FB season, this is a bad year for USF athletics. Don't really give a fart about girls softball, tennis, etched.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

How quickly we have lost all of last year's momentum from the NCAA tourney run.

Alright chicken little.

Not trying to be negative but the weaknesses are too glaring for this team to get back to the NCAA;s.

Most of us knew going into this year that the NCAAs were going to be a stretch because of our problems in the front court.  The issue I have is not with you specifically, but so many USF fans who are so quick to jump off the wagon.  Everyone just seems to think that we make the tournament one year, we should make it the next and all our basketball problems are solved.  This is a building process, and Stan has the next piece coming in next year.

It isn't so much about making the NCAA tournament as it is avoiding the huge steps backwards - the kind of loss we had to open the dome or the kind of loss we have had to some lower tier competition.  We wont be able to grow our fan base until we become more consistent.

I think with the freshmen playing and with next years recruits coming in (along with BB being easier in the BE), the team will have success.

Our schedule sucks this year also.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  366
  • Days Won:  1

Poland was wide open and he had the hot hand one extra pass,we might of been in over time.

Poland and Rudd are the best scorers on the team and he takes them out to much I honestly don't get this coach, I don't know maybe it's just me. He takes people in and out to much how can you even get going. Someone makes one mistake and he takes them out, even the best players make mistakes here and there. Poland was on fire like NBA Jams they should of ran isloation plays for him, I mean he shot 78% from the field today HELLOOOOO.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Days Won:  0

I feel like we have the opposite issue in basketball then we did in football. Skip wouldn't use the timeouts and Stan blows all the timeouts prematurely. Obviously every game is going to be tough when you have two fwds playing center. Going to be a rough season. Just pick up our heads and win the next game.

Edited by OhhFreddy

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Alright chicken little.

Not trying to be negative but the weaknesses are too glaring for this team to get back to the NCAA;s.

Most of us knew going into this year that the NCAAs were going to be a stretch because of our problems in the front court.  The issue I have is not with you specifically, but so many USF fans who are so quick to jump off the wagon.  Everyone just seems to think that we make the tournament one year, we should make it the next and all our basketball problems are solved.  This is a building process, and Stan has the next piece coming in next year.

I am not off the bandwagon - I am hear with everyone else on a Thursday night wanting our team to win. I don't expect for this to be the beginning of a long tourney tradition, but I just am amazed at much we have slid back after such a good year last year. The offense has come to a grind, and the defensive rebounding is terrible. All of our returning players are a year more experienced, so I wasn't expecting such a noticable drop off

Stan Heath said that this season's team was his most talented and and that they are capable of being his best scoring team at USF. There were preseason predictions that went along with Heath and had USF making the NCAAT as an 11 of 12 seed. No way around it this has been a underachieving team based on those predictions from the Coach and writers that follow Big East Hoops.

Poland was wide open and he had the hot hand one extra pass,we might of been in over time.

Poland and Rudd are the best scorers on the team and he takes them out to much I honestly don't get this coach, I don't know maybe it's just me. He takes people in and out to much how can you even get going. Someone makes one mistake and he takes them out, even the best players make mistakes here and there. Poland was on fire like NBA Jams they should of ran isloation plays for him, I mean he shot 78% from the field today HELLOOOOO.

This is all true and has been brought up before this season with Stan. I have wondered that maybe that's why his players, especially the young players play tight at times. It's tough to always have to look over your shoulder after every mistake, no matter how small they are. The body language of the players going back to the bench and then have to listen to him lecture them is not good.

One of things that John Calipari has spoke about before is that he allows his players to play through their mistakes. He says that everybody is going to turn the ball over or miss an assignment. I wish I could find that visoe where he talks about those things better then I can write them.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Alright chicken little.

Most of us knew going into this year that the NCAAs were going to be a stretch because of our problems in the front court. The issue I have is not with you specifically, but so many USF fans who are so quick to jump off the wagon. Everyone just seems to think that we make the tournament one year, we should make it the next and all our basketball problems are solved. This is a building process, and Stan has the next piece coming in next year.

I am not off the bandwagon - I am hear with everyone else on a Thursday night wanting our team to win. I don't expect for this to be the beginning of a long tourney tradition, but I just am amazed at much we have slid back after such a good year last year. The offense has come to a grind, and the defensive rebounding is terrible. All of our returning players are a year more experienced, so I wasn't expecting such a noticable drop off

Stan Heath said that this season's team was his most talented and and that they are capable of being his best scoring team at USF. There were preseason predictions that went along with Heath and had USF making the NCAAT as an 11 of 12 seed. No way around it this has been a underachieving team based on those predictions from the Coach and writers that follow Big East Hoops.

-------------------

Those statements were made during the summer when he thought he would have a 6-11 Juco All American playing center. Noriega as his starting 2. Wanza and Brock coming off the bench and White giving good minutes (20) at the 4 and 5.

The Juco All American is in Oregon Noriega and White are injured. Wanza is a scatter brain. This is not the same team from the summer.

Alright chicken little.

Most of us knew going into this year that the NCAAs were going to be a stretch because of our problems in the front court. The issue I have is not with you specifically, but so many USF fans who are so quick to jump off the wagon. Everyone just seems to think that we make the tournament one year, we should make it the next and all our basketball problems are solved. This is a building process, and Stan has the next piece coming in next year.

-------------------

Those statements were made during the summer when he thought he would have a 6-11 Juco All American playing center. Noriega as his starting 2. Wanza and Brock coming off the bench and White giving good minutes (20) at the 4 and 5.

The Juco All American is in Oregon Noriega and White are injured. Wanza is a scatter brain. This is not the same team from the summer.

Wrong, that statement was made after the Preseason Juco All American was gone. I just left it out because I knew someone would use that as an excuse. Hawkins and Aleem were the 2 guys that people had high hopes on and by far were the headliners of last year's recruiting class. Aleem was one of the most highly regarded Juco players in the nation. Hawkins was a top 100 player with great upside.

Now you can't predict injuries to some of your roster that's for sure. White was suppose to be a serviceable backup if not a starter. Noriega was not projected as a starter and even though he did start early, it isn't likely he would be now. The guy has been nothing but inconsistent his whole career and that didn't change any by his play so far this season. If he's hot then he plays if not then he sits.

Edited by Vega