• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BE GAME No.2: Nova at USF - Official TBP in game thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Days Won:  0

Toarlyn couldn't rebound if you told him his mom had a gun to her head.

You know Toarlyn isn't a center? He is 6'8 and Heath has him matched up with a 6'11 CENTER. He is going to lose that battle 9/10 times. It is too bad that Omogbehin isn't much help with his size.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Effed by a Weiner on the "academic committee".

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

A MUST WIN GAME

:facepalm:

You should have read the article

"We need to protect this home game because we're going to be on the road a bit,'' Heath said. "This game has a lot of weight to it."

If that doesn't mean a must win game then I don't know what does.

I did read the article and calling the second conference game of the year a must win is a ******* joke ... but since we didn't, I guess our season is over and we'll see you in November. Hopefully someone will step up and start the game day threads the rest of the year...

• Downvote 1

General Consensus of the board on Saturday: "This team hung with Syracuse! They've turned the corner from early season struggles! NCAAs are a real possibility."

General Consensus of the board on Saturday: "This team is awful and going nowhere."

Never a happy medium...

It was Sunday and Wednesday, not Saturday, and please don't use most of the hand wringing knuckleheads on this thread as a "General Consensus" ...

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

A MUST WIN GAME

"We need to protect this home game because we're going to be on the road a bit,'' Heath said. "This game has a lot of weight to it."

I did read the article and calling the second conference game of the year a must win is a ******* joke ... but since we didn't, I guess our season is over and we'll see you in November. Hopefully someone will step up and start the game day threads the rest of the year...

So you are saying that Stan Heath calling the second conference game of the year at home must win is a ******* joke? No coach is going to come out a definitively say a MUST WIN GAME, but you get what Heath was quoted as saying. " We need to protect THIS home game." THIS game has a lot of weight to it." I mean most people certainly would interpret that as meaning MUST WIN.

USF is looking at a very, very real possibility of starting the season 0-4. So yeah facing a middle of the pact BE team in your building was pretty **** important for USF to get a win, which now we know did not happen.

A MUST WIN GAME

So you are saying that Stan Heath calling the second conference game of the year at home must win is a ******* joke? No coach is going to come out a definitively say a MUST WIN GAME, but you get what Heath was quoted as saying. " We need to protect THIS home game." THIS game has a lot of weight to it." I mean most people certainly would interpret that as meaning MUST WIN.

USF is looking at a very, very real possibility of starting the season 0-4. So yeah facing a middle of the pact BE team in your building was pretty **** important for USF to get a win, which now we know did not happen.

Every conference home game has a lot of weight to it but you don't have a MUST win with 16 ******* conference games to play .... unless you have an agenda so you can whine even louder when they lose. They could definitely go 0-4 .... Hell, I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if they went 0-18 if they played like they did tonight, plus not getting any bounces .... Plus, if tonight was a MUST win, what else is there to play for? Bottom line is anyone with a clue knew this had a good shot of being a very long year, especially if the new guys couldn't help in the scoring department on the nights the old guys weren't on or not playing. 

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

General Consensus of the board on Saturday: "This team hung with Syracuse! They've turned the corner from early season struggles! NCAAs are a real possibility."

General Consensus of the board on Saturday: "This team is awful and going nowhere."

Never a happy medium...

It was Sunday and Wednesday, not Saturday, and please don't use most of the hand wringing knuckleheads on this thread as a "General Consensus" ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Exhaustion, that's all I can use to explain that.

Regardless, I know you're reasonable enough to see the happy medium.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Didn't come to play 1st 20 minutes. Always a bad sign.

Coach said, "That's on me." In the post game. That is a good sign.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  0

Toarlyn couldn't rebound if you told him his mom had a gun to her head.

You know Toarlyn isn't a center? He is 6'8 and Heath has him matched up with a 6'11 CENTER. He is going to lose that battle 9/10 times. It is too bad that Omogbehin isn't much help with his size.

Fitz may not be a natural center, but he is our main post player. He needs to start playing like it. Ron Anderson Jr. was the same size as Fitz and held his own in the Big East. It's like Fitz is either a really soft 240lbs or he just has no desire to try to be a post guy.

Never a happy medium...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Exhaustion, that's all I can use to explain that.

Regardless, I know you're reasonable enough to see the happy medium.

That's the first, and probably the last, time I'll be referred to as reasonable ...