• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looking ahead in mens hoops

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

On January 6th, USF will kickoff its conference schedule with a home game against #3 Syracuse. Its only the second away game the Orange will have played in their first 16 games this year. Looking at the schedule, they may very well come into this game undefeated and be top 2 ranked.

We had them against the ropes in the Carrier Dome last year and let that game get away. People want to talk about a resume builder? Here is our chance. If we are on the bubble late in the year, a conference win against a top three team is something the selection committee will have to consider.

USF fans need to pack the Dome and work to be the difference in what may be a close fought game. I saw it in the Georgia game, the crowd got very loud and into the game as the Bulls pulled away from Georgia and won.

The turnout for this game needs to meet or exceed the UCF game. USF athletics/marketing whoever: Please pull out all the stops to put butts in those seats.

Yes we need to win our next few games as well and avenge the UCF loss on their home court. But apparently the only way you get the Cuse in your own building is via conference schedule and we NEED to win that game.

I just want to add this kicks off a brutal stretch games vs Louisville, Georgetown and Notre Dame, all at home. Several opportunities to notch big wins.

Edited by inTransit

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Only third level seating showing up at the moment for Syracuse (guessing they'll release a bunch of seats later on like they did for UCF.....)

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0D004983A47A734B?artistid=842313&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=7

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Sadly, I get the feeling this will not be look good for us. Lots of orange in the stands from all those transplants. Plus a noon tipoff on Sunday doesn't help get the students out, even with the semester resuming the next day.

But I agree, marketing needs to get their butts in gear and start spamming the students and the Bay area about this game.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Definitely a resume building game for us.

I think we'll have a very difficult time defending them in the paint.

Sadly, I get the feeling this will not be look good for us. Lots of orange in the stands from all those transplants. Plus a noon tipoff on Sunday doesn't help get the students out, even with the semester resuming the next day.

But I agree, marketing needs to get their butts in gear and start spamming the students and the Bay area about this game.

In past years I have seen a small, but consistent contingent of 'big east basketball' fans show up to these types of games. They arent necessarily rabid fans of either team but instead want to see the best teams come to town and play live.

But Id to see a noise factor here, USF fans need to bring that. It is possible and weve already experienced it this year. My point about the schedule for Syracuse was just that they havent had to deal with the 'away' crowd much this year and I honestly believe it could be a difference maker in a tight game. A win in that game could set the table to overachieve in conference this year and build some excitement in those not really paying attention to jump on the bandwagon earlier than last year. Rather than wait until after the break to start building interest for this game, Id hope they could get a start now.

Definitely a resume building game for us.

I think we'll have a very difficult time defending them in the paint.

I agree. Good news is that Fab Melo has moved on and they are playing up front with 6'8 and 6'9 guys. Their point guard however is going to a matchup problem on the defensive end though, no doubt. We will see some zone on both ends in this one.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Just tweeted:

USF Athletics â€@USFAthletics

Back by popular demand the @FifthThird 53,000 Penny Pickup will take place after @USFMBB vs. Syracuse game on Jan 6! #BeatCuse

Be hard to do that on the court when the students are all celebrating on it. :P

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  202

Who is going to the USF VS UCF game in Orlando January 2nd? I am

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Who is going to the USF VS UCF game in Orlando January 2nd? I am

Looking at tickets right now. Anyone know the USF section(s). I don't want to be surrounded.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

will make it a priority to attend