• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart named USF coach?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Exceeds $1.5m?

Hopefully the assistant pool exceeds 2.5 and we get some great experience on the staff.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

IF he is the new coach, I hope he stays on the next couple weeks to get WKU ready for their bowl game. I think it classless to leave a team before their biggest game.

+1

Sorry. Hope he gets here and starts working for us ASAP. WK needs to start moving towards their future. If Holtz had made a bowl and left us I would just want him to go so we could move forward.

Agree. I want Coach out there recruiting for us from tomorrow morning.

Get 'er done Coach!

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,219
  • Days Won:  0

According to Greg:

Taggart's hiring should also be a homecoming for WKU graduate assistant Marquel Blackwell, USF's all-time leading passer, who joined Taggart's staff this summer and is likely to join his USF staff.

That would be cool!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

IF he is the new coach, I hope he stays on the next couple weeks to get WKU ready for their bowl game. I think it classless to leave a team before their biggest game.

+1

Sorry. Hope he gets here and starts working for us ASAP. WK needs to start moving towards their future. If Holtz had made a bowl and left us I would just want him to go so we could move forward.

2 weeks isn't going to kill USF or WKU. He has seniors on his team playing the biggest games of their careers. Careers that will be over with that game. Running off to dollar signs is a Rich Rod, Brian Kelly, Lane Kiffin, etc. move..ie classless. And those recruits will still be there.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  3

Well... I don't know, probably not my first choice, but, I am happy that we have someone. I think this guy can be great. Just hope he starts the blood transfusion and gets some green pumped in those veins... anyone who has the passion for this program that we all have will make me happy.

and who out of the list of candidates would have more passion for USF than someone from the Tampa Bay area? He's also the one that's most likely to stick with USF in the long-run. Taggart was my first choice all the way but i would have been happy with Davis or MacIntyre or Morris, I just don't think they'd have the passion for the program that Taggart will bring. We should see our recruiting get much better. First things first, let's get AW back onboard!

Edited by thatboykane

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

The bowl game is in Detroit... and, his seniors I believe were recruited by someone else. I won't be mad if he stays, it would be a classy thing to do... but... I wouldn't think him to be classless if he leaves and gets started here... It's not just recruiting, but, he has to put a staff together. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE DO NOT LET HIM BRING HIS WKU STAFF HERE!

That was Skip's downfall in my opinion. PUT TOGETHER A BCS STAFF WT!

Edit: Blackwell is OK, maybe one more, but, he needs a solid staff if he is to be successful.

Edited by Orlando Bull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

+1

2 weeks isn't going to kill USF or WKU. He has seniors on his team playing the biggest games of their careers. Careers that will be over with that game. Running off to dollar signs is a Rich Rod, Brian Kelly, Lane Kiffin, etc. move..ie classless. And those recruits will still be there.

Not running to $$ that right there shows how little you know about the guy. And sorry yes in our present state 2 weeks is 2 weeks. I'm not going to scream if he stays but hope he is on his way. Asa general practice coaches don't stay once hired elsewhere