• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Goalmouths recreate European soccer culture at USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

DNR: So, we're going to start having riots and attacking refs?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

As long as they can get more students to come watch atheltics, it works for me.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  38
  • Days Won:  0

Being born in England and having attended loads of Premier League games I'm supposed to hate this (was that the Thriller dance?!?!?) .... but I think it's great. The "everyone hates us ... we don't care" hooligan stuff is more myth than reality these days (although there are still isolated instances in some places across Europe I would feel fine taking a kid to a Premier League game ... and many people do ... although that said people took their kids in the hooligan soaked 80's as well so that proves nothing).

Hopefully it catches on and makes attending the games more of an event people want to come and see. The thing about football (as in the team Skip Holtz used to coach) is that there are a hundred plus years of "rules" about what fans can and cannot do. You get a band ... just like everyone else. You get a student section, people paint their faces/chests and do all the other same things all the other teams (with five generations of support and 100,000 people in the building) are doing and it's hard to stand out. With football (soccer football) it can be a completely different experience that the fans are free to create as they see fit without any set rules taking influences from all over the world. I really hope it catches on and a more people join in. Good luck to them.

Is there much singing? You've got to have popular songs converted to include the names of players. Never sing YNWA though ... ugh.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

DNR: So, we're going to start having riots and attacking refs?

Are the fans at football games going to start beating opposing fans until they're unable to work again?

http://www.huffingto..._n_1910567.html

So, keep hanging on to your stupid, ignorant stereotypes of European soccer,while you ignore facts about American football fan violence. Before you go with the "there are a lot more incidents" statement, remember that every country in Eurpoe has soccer.

Edited by Bull-by-Marriage
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

awesome. Love the goalmouths and soccer games. I wish our AD would really push that program more. I know it doesnt pay the bills but it is awesome and they are the best team on campus.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

We need more passionate fans like that across the board...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I love the Goalmouth's approach to USF soccer. When I've gone to games, I may not participate in all the chants and dances, but I appreciate what they do.