• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Tressel?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I have heard no rumors about the vest being interested or even a candidate, but even so he is unemployed and did get some things done, even if he cheated. I see Tressel as another Petrino or Davis... damaged goods that we might be able to pick up on the cheap.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

He's got that show-clause sanction on him for 4 more years, not worth the risk.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

He's got that show-clause sanction on him for 4 more years, not worth the risk.

He's well worth the risk in my opinion. Highly doubtful that he'd consider here though. Read on another site that he has a home in Tampa, any truth to that?

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  332

Tressel must sit out 1st 5 games and any bowl if applicable in his 1st season. Hiring school must also provide a case as to why Tressel should not be further punished if they wish to hire him, that's the show clause more or less.

I think he is worth the risk also. Very big name and because of that I think we would be a stepping stone for getting back to a better program.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Tressel must sit out 1st 5 games and any bowl if applicable in his 1st season. Hiring school must also provide a case as to why Tressel should not be further punished if they wish to hire him, that's the show clause more or less.

If that is it then that is no big deal... we ink a deal with Tressel to get him back in the game, and he agrees to coach here until we win at least 2 Big East titles... I'm not seeing a downside to this.

I wonder if Doug and Judy have considered doing this?

Under the vest he would take us back to the Jim Leavitt era in 2 seasons easily... he does have recruiting ties in Florida, Texas, and other states... how else do you guys think he got so many players for OSU? Well besides paying them.

If that is it then that is no big deal... we ink a deal with Tressel to get him back in the game, and he agrees to coach here until we win at least 2 Big East titles... I'm not seeing a downside to this.

I wonder if Doug and Judy have considered doing this?

Under the vest he would take us back to the Jim Leavitt era in 2 seasons easily... he does have recruiting ties in Florida, Texas, and other states... how else do you guys think he got so many players for OSU? Well besides paying them.

You mean letting them sell their own memorabilia. The punishment and dirt on his resume comes from him continually lying to the NCAA. The NCAA is butthurt over this.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

Tressel has a show cause penalty, not a show clause and it's a far bigger pain than it's being made out to be. It requires semi-annual reports from the coach and the institute and an acceptance of penalties that will be given to the school for just hiring the coach. The penalties can be appealed by appearing in front of a NCAA committee and presenting a case, but it's definitely not a sure thing and you have to have a legitimate reason. If the coach commits an additional penalty during his stay with the school, the school can be hit with severe penalties.

It's not worth it.

Edited by Raetus

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

would give him the job in less than a heartbeat. Easily worth the risk and rebuilding period with sanctions.