• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No matter who we select as coach...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

... i doubt we will have a very good team in 2013.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

With a great coaching job this is a 6-6/7-5 team next year. The offensive backfield and defensive backfield are disasters.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

With a great coaching job this is a 6-6/7-5 team next year. The offensive backfield and defensive backfield are disasters.

... and so it begins. Holtz hasn't been out for 12 hours yet and already the unrealistic expectations come out. There is no reason to believe this team can be bowling next year other than blind optimism. That's fine, as long as you realize it's not actually, you know, going to happen.

I put the timing of the first "fire [uSF's next head coach]!!!!" comments on this board at about 10 seconds after the season-opening kickoff next year.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

... and so it begins. Holtz hasn't been out for 12 hours yet and already the unrealistic expectations come out. There is no reason to believe this team can be bowling next year other than blind optimism. That's fine, as long as you realize it's not actually, you know, going to happen.

I put the timing of the first "fire [uSF's next head coach]!!!!" comments on this board at about 10 seconds after the season-opening kickoff next year.

Hold your horses. I said "with a great coaching job" we could be 6-6/7-5. That's it. That's the upper bound on this team.

Meaning, more than likely this is a 4-5 win team.

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

depends on the amount and quality of juco in-fills by new coach

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

davis or petrino can recruit well immediately

they could make us a .500 in one year

a big east champion in 2 years

our competition isnt that good

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  102
  • Days Won:  0

As I was explaining to my wife last night (who is an USF Alumni), I would not expect too much from the team next year. Maybe a 6 or 7 loss season. Year 2 with the new head coach maybe 4 to 5. Keep expectations low for at least 2 years. Come year 3 though, depending on who they bring in, expect high quality and be in the talk of a conference championship. Of course that conference will be CUSA 2.0, but, I digress.

As a FSU guy personally (with USF as #2), I still expected them to have a 2-3 loss season this year. Not due to the coaching staff, but, the caliber of opponents. Perfect example of that was the FSU and UF game. Caliber of opponents preps the team for later in the year.

Even with a new head coach and new coaching staff, I think this will be USF's future problem as well. The caliber of opposition will not be at a high level.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Hold your horses. I said "with a great coaching job" we could be 6-6/7-5. That's it. That's the upper bound on this team.

Meaning, more than likely this is a 4-5 win team.

5 wins? With who at QB? Can't win if you can't score.