• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Statements from Woolard and Holtz/Presser audio

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Well that escalated quickly. So you're saying because this retard Joel Miller (and yes I can call him a retard because I know him and the kid can't count to Potatoe) screwed his assignment up AGAIN like he always did and got yoked up because of it in the locker room, that Leavitt probably went home and slapped his wife around and shot puppies on his off days? C'mon man. If you don't like getting yoked up by your coach, being phyiscally punished to the point of vomitting, or catching a forearm shiver mid-field, you should probably do balet or dance.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  46
  • Days Won:  0

Trumped up charge? Leavitt assaulted a player. He is lucky he did not get criminal charges pressed against him. If that happened, then Leavitt would have had more to worry about than losing his job. If he choked the player, then the asault would have become a felony.

Assaulting another person, even if it is a college football player, is still a crime.

It is advisable before playing an attorney on a message board that you learn the difference between battery and assault.

How is that you can differentiate between a misdemeanor and felony, but can't between assault and battery? Do you just make it up as you go? Just tells me you really do not know what you're talking about... you're just going off your gut reaction to the situation rather than what the law is.

Edited by BroBeans

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

how is it possible that a certain percentage of threads devolve into Leavitt discussions?

it has to turn a lot of people away from contributing to this board in a meaningful way... its dumb and i think we lose posters from it

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Well that escalated quickly. So you're saying because this retard Joel Miller (and yes I can call him a retard because I know him and the kid can't count to Potatoe) screwed his assignment up AGAIN like he always did and got yoked up because of it in the locker room, that Leavitt probably went home and slapped his wife around and shot puppies on his off days? C'mon man. If you don't like getting yoked up by your coach, being phyiscally punished to the point of vomitting, or catching a forearm shiver mid-field, you should probably do balet or dance.

EXACTLY! You're all presuming Leavitt is guilty without a trial, or for that matter, ANY REAL evidence!

If someone goes on tv tonight and says they saw any of you fondling little people, will that make it true?

If you can get slammed to the turf by 325lb linemen, but a motivational locker room slap is too much, join the debate team!

how is it possible that a certain percentage of threads devolve into Leavitt discussions?

it has to turn a lot of people away from contributing to this board in a meaningful way... its dumb and i think we lose posters from it

You mean like 25 pages of calling a guy an idiot for telling you skip was done after the Pitt game?

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

You mean like 25 pages of calling a guy an idiot for telling you skip was done after the Pitt game?

where did that happen?

where did that happen?

Seriously?

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?/topic/89301-skip-holtz-to-resign-after-pitt-game-tonight/

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

YES!!!

Class all the way around. What a difference from the last time our coach plateaued.

Santa, PLEASE bring us a winner for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Bulls!

How do you make such a stupid comparison? Our last coach was a winner and he wasn't even given the decency of being fired? Instead he had his name & reputation dunked in a toilet! Why did he have an obligation to be even as classy as he was?

Your sentence is pretty hard to parse, but I think we're saying the same thing.

USF did not act with class last time we had a coach that plateaued. Rather, we found a trumped-up excuse to fire him. This time Woolard manned up, fired him outright, and took responsibility for the decision.

Trumped up charge? Leavitt assaulted a player. He is lucky he did not get criminal charges pressed against him. If that happened, then Leavitt would have had more to worry about than losing his job. If he choked the player, then the asault would have become a felony.

Assaulting another person, even if it is a college football player, is still a crime.

what makes you think he was lucky? Perhaps some feared how their story would hold up in a court of law? I would think if the abuse was cut and dry and an agregious felony as you claim that they would want that on Jim's record.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

You obviously need to understand more definitions than just assault and battery.

You also need to understand what a true "outside firm" is vis a vis a retained attorney, as well as what it means when a charge is an allegation.

Lastly, no outside firm, independent or otherwise, can make it "true". The only ones that saw what was alleged to have happened in that locker room tell different stories. We all know Miller lied openly from the start as did his purse-snatching dad. You are assuming Leavitt lied, or using another person's words as your proof.

I'd like us to leave it alone, because continued talk from people like you do nothing but enflame and exaggerate the situation further destroying the genesis of our program and the majority of its young history - and the reputation of the guy that built it.

Lastly to your more general exaggerated claim, most do not believe a player should be struck by a coach. It's not necessary. But it helps your description of those that disagree with you. And in this case are often the ones that would prefer facts to guide judgement in this situation and not exaggeration, drama and hyperbole.

• Upvote 1