• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The decision was based on.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Intersted in hearing theories for what finally pushed USF to pull the plug. Clearly losing and stepping backwards in his third season hurt him a bunch. And empty seats with less parking and ticket revenue hurt. The FSU game was a clear indicator of what "could be" with winning seasons. And WVU was not too far in our rearview mirror regarding large crowds at USF games. So money was an issue.

I bet that the big donors and those who buy boxes stepped up and let USF know their dissatisfaction. Lets not forget that the BoT President, and CEO of Tampa Electric, John Ramil (a USF alumn) was very vocal after we lost to Temple. I imagine the pressure came from all over, but I bet the big money spoke and they knew they had no option to salvage this.

Interested in other opinions....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I think the notion that it was okay to surrender during a game was enough. It was for me.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  208
  • Days Won:  1

Boosters applied pressure, but you'll never hear them admit that was a factor.

Results (obviously), lack of direction for the program, fan anger quickly being replaced by fan apathy, player apathy and by all appearances coach apathy.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  0

If the decision wasn't made by Pitt, that game surely pushed DW over the edge. Fans were ruthless and obviously had enough. I have never seen Bulls fans as angry as they were when Holtz kicked that field goal.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I think the notion that it was okay to surrender during a game was enough. It was for me.

I'm with you... the field goals were unacceptable. Go for a field goal to escape a shutout?

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740

I was incredibly mad at the FG decision, but in retrospect, I agree with the decision. Bonani has been one of the few bright spots this year, and it would have been a shame if he didn't get to see the field during his final game here.

The student section was livid throughout the entire gaame. A couple rows turned the "U S F, Bulls" chant on kick returns to "Good Bye Skip, Holtz", and started giving anti-holtz lyrics to the songs our band was playing (the highlight was when "Don't Stop Believing" was turned into "Fire Skip Holtz".

Edited by OncomingStorm93

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  208
  • Days Won:  1

the highlight was when "Don't Stop Believing" was turned into "Fire Skip Holtz".

I would have gone with "don't stop conceding" but that's just me.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

He could have kicked a PAT after the touchdown. (No Skip a FG and a PAT are not the same)

• Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  5,241

5-7 and then 3-8. Thats why he lost all support from 99% of fans and his own team

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,985

Combo of things. First, was the record. The Iron Bulls spoke, it started after Temple and got louder each loss. The overly conservative play calling and clock management when we were fighting for our pride. NOT going for a TD this season how many times?

Lastly, I think the consolidation of conferences. We have lost a lot of respect in the past three years. I would not be surprised to see Woolard go after a name coach, hoping to put favor with the ACC.