• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lack of communication

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

I think what really upsets many of us is the lack of communicaton from doug and other high ups. Greg wrote an article mentioning all signs point to skip being here next year.

Since we all complain and send emails that no one reads, I was going to look into mobile advertising agencies and see about getting mobile billboards drive around campus and through skips south Tampa neighborhood with a message like, "usf fans deserve better" or "end the holtz error"

Do you honestly think that they don't know how a portion of our fanbase feels about Skip?

Based on the lack of action... yes.

Doug also just gave a standard response on evaluating after the season

His lack of action has nothing to do with not knowing the feelings of a portion of the fanbase ... and the response is the one he's always given regarding coaches.

Triple B is right about the history. Very similar to the last couple years under Coach McCullum.

This is just a guess, but here is what I will guess will happen ..... Doug will evaluate the season after it is over, sit down with Coach Holtz and inform him he is being retained for the next season, but that his job is in jeopardy and that he must meet a certain goal to keep his job after the 2013 season. I would suspect that goal would be becoming bowl eligible. So 6-6 would be the minimum acceptable season. Then if USF fails to win 6 game in 2013, Coach Holtz is let go, and Doug really doesn't have to fire him, since Holtz will have already known that failing to win 6 game automatically results in his dismissal.

But all of that is based on Doug making the call on Coach Holtz's future, if Doug's boss makes the decision, then who knows what will happen. (if Doug makes the decision, of course, he will get buy in from the President)

This is not any inside information, just my guess based on viewing the past.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  937
  • Days Won:  0

I think this is more the reason to show displeasure as fans. 6-6 next year would be a terrible season. That's the kind of results we should be expecting as a consolation not a goal. Doug needs set the goal at 8 wins. That would be acceptable season. 9 is good season. 10+excellent season

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

***News Alert***

Skip lives in an FSU/UF community. No one would care if they saw a USF billboard in South Tampa. There used to be a billboard from the Tampa FSU Boosters half a mile down the street from his house. No USF stuff in sight.

If you lived in ST you'd know it's an Auburn community more than anything else. Especially where I used to live in Palma Ceia.

And when Alabama won the BCS title, it became an Alabama community. Dito for the next team to win the BCS title.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

***News Alert***

Skip lives in an FSU/UF community. No one would care if they saw a USF billboard in South Tampa. There used to be a billboard from the Tampa FSU Boosters half a mile down the street from his house. No USF stuff in sight.

If you lived in ST you'd know it's an Auburn community more than anything else. Especially where I used to live in Palma Ceia.

And when Alabama won the BCS title, it became an Alabama community. Dito for the next team to win the BCS title.

Never saw any 'Bama flags flying out front of the homes. Many of the ST families I knew went to Auburn bc their parents went, as did theirs, ect ect. Auburn, FSU, UF were the main 3. Any USF flag was considered the "new money" moving in.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

I think this is more the reason to show displeasure as fans. 6-6 next year would be a terrible season. That's the kind of results we should be expecting as a consolation not a goal. Doug needs set the goal at 8 wins. That would be acceptable season. 9 is good season. 10+excellent season

Paul, 8 wins would have been a great goal a couple years ago... after the last two seasons, going to a bowl will be a nice improvement. Not to mention, if you look at the roster this was the year to win big, next year was set up to be the rebuilding year (based on number of seniors, in particular at skill positions).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

Paul, 8 wins would have been a great goal a couple years ago... after the last two seasons, going to a bowl will be a nice improvement. Not to mention, if you look at the roster this was the year to win big, next year was set up to be the rebuilding year (based on number of seniors, in particular at skill positions).

you realize you are talking to the wall, yes?

this guy won't change his mind about the situation (blaming Woolard for lack of communication-- as if this is somehow a required activity of an AD to the alumni) any more than he would change his underpants

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  3

8 wins lol ....yea, sorry dude but that will NOT happen. 6 should definitely be the goal but unfortunately, that will NOT happen either. Get Holtz the heck out of here.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Don't care where it's driven just want to guarantee he see s it.

I guess it really should be in judy and dougs neighborhood s

That'd be New Tampa, not South Tampa, I believe.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,075
  • Days Won:  469

I think what really upsets many of us is the lack of communicaton from doug and other high ups. Greg wrote an article mentioning all signs point to skip being here next year.

Since we all complain and send emails that no one reads, I was going to look into mobile advertising agencies and see about getting mobile billboards drive around campus and through skips south Tampa neighborhood with a message like, "usf fans deserve better" or "end the holtz error"

Do you honestly think that they don't know how a portion of our fanbase feels about Skip?

Based on the lack of action... yes.

Doug also just gave a standard response on evaluating after the season

His lack of action has nothing to do with not knowing the feelings of a portion of the fanbase ... and the response is the one he's always given regarding coaches.

Triple B is right about the history. Very similar to the last couple years under Coach McCullum.

This is just a guess, but here is what I will guess will happen ..... Doug will evaluate the season after it is over, sit down with Coach Holtz and inform him he is being retained for the next season, but that his job is in jeopardy and that he must meet a certain goal to keep his job after the 2013 season. I would suspect that goal would be becoming bowl eligible. So 6-6 would be the minimum acceptable season. Then if USF fails to win 6 game in 2013, Coach Holtz is let go, and Doug really doesn't have to fire him, since Holtz will have already known that failing to win 6 game automatically results in his dismissal.

But all of that is based on Doug making the call on Coach Holtz's future, if Doug's boss makes the decision, then who knows what will happen. (if Doug makes the decision, of course, he will get buy in from the President)

This is not any inside information, just my guess based on viewing the past.

Sadly, this is representative of how USF historically deals with most failures.

The problem with the current one is that there doesn't seem reason to believe his issues are temporary or a product of just bad luck as was played off last season.

We'll have at least another year of this brand of football.