• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

unbelievable ---listen to Holtz's postgame conference on Bullscast

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

Holtz takes no responsibility for his coaching ----Blames the Players .....and explains not calling a timeout before the half because he wanted to up tempo their defense ( surprise them ? ) what an idiot ...BUT HE SAYS THAT WASN'T THE DIFFERENCE IN THE GAME ---and he wanted to kick field goals at the end of the game instead of going for touchdowns because he wanted to build confidence in his young players ...( what is this guy on ? and who in the university is going to hold him responsible )

Holtz says the game was not about the potential to earn a bowl game ...it was about building for the FUTURE .....Well if thats the case ...the Future looks as dismal as the present !!!!

This guy has destroyed the program and made USF a laughing stock in Division 1 football ...

Coaching is what prepares the players to win .....and his staff is responsible for the complete failure of this program over the last two years !!!!!!!!!

FIRE THE GUY !!!!!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

he needs to go

the guy that hired him needs to go

i would spare the president since..............i like her but if she had to be part of the sweep

i would say "im gonna miss you"

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  971

Sorry, but I'm not interested in anything Skip has to say. I only pay attention to things he actually does . . . which is nothing, so far. GB!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

This guy is a shmuck with poor clock management and no aggression.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

nothing but his Holtzcuses

he needs to be fired

Edited by snarling Bull

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

He's been terrible with the clock management since Day 1. I've counted about 10 times prior to half that he really screwed up with the timeouts and such. Yesterday was just another example of it. Terrible. The players deserve better.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Holtz takes no responsibility for his coaching ----Blames the Players .....and explains not calling a timeout before the half because he wanted to up tempo their defense ( surprise them ? ) what an idiot ...BUT HE SAYS THAT WASN'T THE DIFFERENCE IN THE GAME ---and he wanted to kick field goals at the end of the game instead of going for touchdowns because he wanted to build confidence in his young players ...( what is this guy on ? and who in the university is going to hold him responsible )

You think the difference in the game was we got 3 instead of 7 to go into the half? Even with BJ we never had the kind of game management ability to push tempo on a play like that, so it was an especially bad decision with a third string QB, but I can't disagree with Skip -- that certainly didn't cost us the game.

And you are really taking a lot of liberties with what he said... he wasn't saying the game was about building for the future, he was saying that wiht all those young players and the game already out of hand, he felt it was better to build toward the future. Kicking field goals or going for fourth down wouldn't have mattered - the game was out of reach. It was a don't care decision as far as I am concerned.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Grouper, I disagree... you're down 16-0 at that point... you have +/- 40 seconds and 3 timeouts... you have the option to run 3 plays, just hand it to your senior RB if you don't trust Floyd... either way, take 3 shots to score. There is no excuse for kicking a FG on 3rd down with 3 timeouts in your pocket.

If you go into the half at 16-7, and with all of the momentum and confidence of a great drive to close out the half, you can feel better about things... what I took from what actually happened was that Holtz was already throwing in the towel... "we're not going to win this one guys, but, we can at least make sure that we don't get shut out"

He gave up, threw in the towel, waived the white flag... very shortly after halftime, the team followed suit. Football is a game of momentum, it can easily swing, but, not if the coach on the sidelines is 1000000% against playing the game with any kind of emotion at all. I'm not saying we would have won, but, if I were on the field, I would have quit on him too... and if I were Matt Floyd, when I came off of the field and saw his smiling face wanting to talk to me, I would have head-butted my face mask into his nose.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I'm not mad about losing. I'm furoius about the lack of willingness to compete and utter incompetence displayed by this coaching staff. Not taking a timeout in that spot is completely inexcusable especially since it puts your team right back in a game they weren't in for most of 2 quarters.

**** Skip's bull ****. I'm done with him and have been for a few weeks now.

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879

skip's level of incompetance would be bad as a high school coach, but as a $2M D1 coach it is inexcuseable. he'd prolly be a great guidance couselor.