• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Martino Brock

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

Props to this kid. The only player I saw out there living up to last year's defensive effort on Saturday night. The only guy reminding me of 2011. The rim rejection was not a good moment but so many of the new players had no energy. Fitz had his good moments too.

Iam concerned that the move to a more up tempoed offense (which didnt happen, we got out fastbreaked all night) is a reflection of the loss of guys like Anderson. I dont see the bodies we would need to D up like we did last year, which will force us to be more competitive on offense. Problem is that our offense DID look like 2011.

I have confidence we will improve but wont expect a season like last year unless we discover one or two consistent shot makers.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Props to this kid. The only player I saw out there living up to last year's defensive effort on Saturday night. The only guy reminding me of 2011. The rim rejection was not a good moment but so many of the new players had no energy. Fitz had his good moments too.

Iam concerned that the move to a more up tempoed offense (which didnt happen, we got out fastbreaked all night) is a reflection of the loss of guys like Anderson. I dont see the bodies we would need to D up like we did last year, which will force us to be more competitive on offense. Problem is that our offense DID look like 2011.

I have confidence we will improve but wont expect a season like last year unless we discover one or two consistent shot makers.

The biggest loser from the first game was the Anthony Collins. USF cannot have him stink up the place like that and expect to win against anybody. My former basketball to this day talk the team with the best shot at winning has to win the PG battle. Either we get a push or the advantage at that all important spot or the chances of winning goes down. UCF's PG Isaiah Sykes dominated Collins and that position so much, that the final score actually reflected the matchup. Collins has to live up to the high expectations he received in the preseason or it's going to be a long season. Collins has to be that guy that caused Rick Pitino to bench his starting PG Payton Siva(the very guy that is projected to be BE POY) in the USF vs UL game.

Also we will get Musa Abdul Aleem back sometime in the next 4 weeks which will help tremendously with leadership, scoring, shooting, and defense. According to Heath Aleem is the most talented of the newcomers.

I'm also going to reserve my judgement on whether or not Heath has the balls to play a true uptempo game until January. Btw playing uptempo has to be played on defense too. Forcing turnovers and turning them into fastbreak points helps neglect the rebound advantage the other team may get.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,708
  • Days Won:  424

I'm also going to reserve my judgement on whether or not Heath has the balls to play a true uptempo game until January.

I'm sure Coach will appreciate this reprieve and do everything he can to live up to your expectations ...

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Wasn't AC hurt as well?

• Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  189
  • Days Won:  0

In watching both games (Eckard and UCF) we suck at rebounding and boxing out, and we really miss Anderson and Robertson on the boards (hate to say this but probably miss Gus also, although he was never really a rebounding force). I believe Heath will need to go almost full time to a zone defense (which he did sometimes last year). With zone he also can get some playing time for JordanO, and use his 7'3" in the box to help with rebounding and box out. Koren White is my opinion is useless, cannot rebound and has no hands. I see why he played at FAU. I agree with Vega that the team needs Aleem back, believe he wil help, strong body that will help on defense side as well on providing scoring and leadership. Team has 4 games in 5 days coming up, so would be a good time to practice some zone defense and trapping pressure D.

Wasn't AC hurt as well?

He had been but don't know if he was 100% yet ... Bottom line, calling out AC after one freaking game is a joke ... but not surprising from someone who hopes that last year was an aberration for AC and he really is a Sun Belt type player. ;)

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Agreed.... and that's what I meant... that he wasn't close to 100%.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

AC has significant injuries. I, quite frankly, was surprised to see him playing Saturday. He was in a boot Thursday and word was that he might miss significant playing time. He clearly is not anywhere near healthy.

AC has significant injuries. I, quite frankly, was surprised to see him playing Saturday. He was in a boot Thursday and word was that he might miss significant playing time. He clearly is not anywhere near healthy.

Stan needs to get him completely healed then, and let the new guys get some valuable experience...

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I like Brock. Poland showed up on Saturday too.