• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF v St Johns

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

The top FIVE teams in each divison qualify for the Big East tournament, not top 4 as stated above.

If USF beats DePaul, I would think their chances of making the Big East Tournament are good!

How sure are you of that? I wasn't able to find anything on the structure of the tournament other than a Wikipedia article which shows 8 teams in the tourney. I believe it has changed because of WVU leaving the conference.

• Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

With Rutgers beating Villanova last night, we've got a win and in situation! Let's go BULLS!

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  56
  • Days Won:  0

The top FIVE teams in each divison qualify for the Big East tournament, not top 4 as stated above.

If USF beats DePaul, I would think their chances of making the Big East Tournament are good!

How sure are you of that? I wasn't able to find anything on the structure of the tournament other than a Wikipedia article which shows 8 teams in the tourney. I believe it has changed because of WVU leaving the conference.

Here is a link to this year's bracket:

http://www.bigeast.o...Soc_10_team.pdf

They take the top five from each division.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  183

OK let me preface this by saying i'm a student who would like to see another home game this year.

If we win our game and Cincinnati and St. Johns both lose to Louisville and Syracuse respectively (top two teams in the red division) we will have the #3 seed and no home game but would already be in the quarterfinals.

However, if only one of the teams Cincinnati or St. John's wins or if Cincy ties Louisville, we will receive the #4 seed and play the #5 team from the Blue Division either Seton Hall or Providence at home, but have to play into the Quarterfinals.

Now while this second scenario makes us have to play an extra game, I would prefer it.

If we win the game at home we get a match against the #1 seed either #5 Marquette (14-2-0) #6 Georgetown (14-2-1) #3 UConn (13-2-1) or #8 Notre Dame (13-3-0), whereas if we get the three seed we would play one of those same teams just as the #2 seed.

So I want to see another home game, but obviously I won't complain if we get the #3 seed.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  111

Currently losing 0-2 to Depaul in the first half (who is 0-6-1 in the Big East)... a loss in this game and USF won't make the Big East Tournament

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  111

3-2 loss to Depaul today eliminates USF from the tournament

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

What a failure from being #2.

• Topic Count:  148