• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Could it Happen?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  370
  • Days Won:  0

In a desperate attempt to grasp at hope, some how salvage my pride and fulfill desire to cheer for my Bulls the rest of the season I've come to this self-justifiable state of mind...

Could the opposite happen? We've never as a program & fans endured this much pain and loss in the first 6 games of a season, bad games yes but nothing like this. Most years have been spent watching our Bulls roll a couple cupcakes while eagerly awaiting what we perceived as 'the big game' and 'dreams' of entering C-USA then the Big East.

Our emotions were constantly toyed with as we have grown found of the roller coaster that has been. Beating ranked teams in the past gave me the feeling and illusion that we were taking things to the next level and should be feared, remember when we lost to Army...that was pretty. Remember that loss to UCONN...that was pretty bad. Remember that loss to Rutgers on Thursday night as the #2 team in the country was exposed...(that was a FU$%^& bad call and I still stand by it)...that was pretty bad too.

Now have come days of not having to worry about our crazy emotional coach on the side line and personal foul penalties...wait those still happen. I don't have to worry about kids getting choked on the team or coach head butting players. It's nice having Sally Holtz as our coach in that regard. I'll take the former.

What I have now is the second largest come back in USF history, a loss to Ball State and Temple (who?) and a moral loss to FSU. Really this is fantastic because now we know the truth and what to expect. Did I mention we are only 0-2 in Big East play this year?

Now for the punch line. What if this year is the opposite of tradition? Maybe just maybe we are so underwhelming as a program that some how with retard strength (don't get PC on me) we pull off a huge turnaround of USF coaster proportions and we win the Big Least!

It this week and it's with cautious optimism I wait anxiously again for another USF football game!

Go Bulls!

Edited by BigStormBrewing

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  487

We're 0-2 in the Big East.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  296

I'm all for a turnaround. We'll know more in 6 days.

Edited by HOTbull

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

Could it Happen?

No

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Of course it could happen. To say otherwise is incorrect. Now will it happen? Most would say no way. I'm with you. I say why not. We have done the reverse for so long it is time for a change.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  231

Not with one of the worst defenses in the NCAA. Save your optimism for next year...

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Not likely, but any real sports fan knows that it is possible. The purpose of being a sports fan is hope. The next game always provides hope.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Possible -Yes

Likely - No

Numb to the 2012 USF FB Season - Yes