• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Bulls FB coach on TV tonight

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Explain to me how Taggart is a proven success.

WKU was the worst division 1 program in the country... He's elevated their talent level every year and his teams get better every year.

He hasn't been there 3 full years yet ... although, by the time we may have to replace Skip, his resume may look better and he will be closer to what we'll be bringing in than a Petrino.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

louisville 15-21 after he left

quits after 13 games for the Atlanta Falcons

arkansas 2-4 after his departure

even if he came, how long do you really think he would stay? he would jet at the first SEC job. And he would leave in a classless manner.

we would end up worse off

and by the way, LOL if you think we would get him

Only thing I disagree there with is it wouldn't be limited to the SEC calling to have him jet ...

just make his buyout if he leaves early 2.9 million, then we make back the money we lose on the skipper and cosh :D

or he gets caught w/ a whore :D

Edited by 2000bull

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I think someone said Petrino was a proven success. Did not see anyone say that about taggert.

Didn't say it specifically but why else would he be brought up unless he was thought by some to be a proven success ...

Oh. I did not read it that way.

I look at like this, 1 - who would we like, 2- can we get them, 3- who is most realistic.

I don't think anyone we would like, Kirby Smart, Brent Pease, etc (high level BCS coordinators) are attainable. Just where we are in the pecking order.

After that, we are left with the realistic which is mostly retreads and young up-and-comers from lower leagues. Out of that latter group we have the Phil Fulmer, Tommy Bowden, Taggart, Cristobal, etc. No one is a proven success where we are picking from. Skip was close with the 2 conference titles (as was kragthorpe at UL) but everyone is a crapshoot at what we can get.

As for Taggart specifically, WKU was winless the year before he got there, then went 2-10, 7-5 (2d in conference) and now 5-1 which gives many the idea that he could be a good coach. Also he coached under Jim Harbaugh at Stanford for a two years as well. No guarantee but he may be the best of what our realistic options will be.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

WKU was the worst division 1 program in the country... He's elevated their talent level every year and his teams get better every year.

WKU was one of the top I-AA programs in the country who was in the midst of a transition to I-A ball...

Again. What makes him a proven success?

If he comes here and struggles do we say we plateaued?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i like petrino

but he wont stay long

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

WKU was one of the top I-AA programs in the country who was in the midst of a transition to I-A ball...

Again. What makes him a proven success?

If he comes here and struggles do we say we plateaued?

Reply doesn't matter.... you'll just ***** about it because that's what you do.... you've taken Beastie's place as the current resident ass.

Edit... ok really? How is ***** censored but ass is ok? LMAO

Edited by Southshore26

I'm not an ass I'm just not willing to fly off the cuff because a coach has success for 5 games. Maybe Taggart is great, maybe he'll suck.

I don't see how his success is any better or worse than what Skip brought to the table.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

What exactly did Skip bring to the table other than his last name? It's not like he lit it up at ECU.

What exactly did Skip bring to the table other than his last name? It's not like he lit it up at ECU.

What are you talking about? In 2008 he beat VT and WVU before losing a good portion of his offense to injuries...

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

Petrino is not a good idea yet.

Taggert will get a bigger job soon, possibly UK or Arky (they are going to jave a hard time finding a coach they want, Holgs & Strong has been asked their interest both said no)