• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Next Season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Should we not start playing our other QB's so that next season they will have experience?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Should we not start playing our other QB's so that next season they will have experience?

might as well bench all the seniors then. the answer is no btw.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

They should try a whole new starting line up, no more "entrenched" starters. Anyone from a redshirt senior to a true freshman walk-on, you have the chance to EARN your playing time in practice.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

As soon as we lose our 7th game (eliminating us from bowl contention) we should look towards developing younger players. It doesn't mean giving them starts over seniors ... but for example, giving Floyd a series each half might be a good idea.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

I thought about this a few weeks ago... You had to start Daniels against FSU (no choice), but if they lose to Temple, I would start developing the next generation of talent if this loser coaching staff is even able to develop something (because they are losers).

I like the idea of having an open competition based on results on the field. Give someone who is hungry a chance to do something.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Next season I will have an extra $2000 in my pocket, I will not be renewing our tickets, that joke of a coaching staff doesn't deserve to be on the field and be paid. They suck at their job and the only ones who should be able to do that are prostitutes

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Maybe, if they play well enough. A lot of players will revolt if you start benching seniors. Reality is they're still playing to put themselves on film for scouts. A guy like George Baker isn't getting drafted, but will run a great 40, and with a good season could get a camp invite or at least a job in the CFL.

I do think we owe it to seniors only if they're the best we have on the field. Daniels is far better than Floyd right now. I would start looking for packages where Daniels splits out wide though and Floyd would be qb.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

Maybe, if they play well enough. A lot of players will revolt if you start benching seniors. Reality is they're still playing to put themselves on film for scouts. A guy like George Baker isn't getting drafted, but will run a great 40, and with a good season could get a camp invite or at least a job in the CFL.

I do think we owe it to seniors only if they're the best we have on the field. Daniels is far better than Floyd right now. I would start looking for packages where Daniels splits out wide though and Floyd would be qb.

I hear you but I just don't see the passion level out there. You shouldn't get to play just because you are a senior. You have to want it more than the other guy.

IT'S DIVISION I FOOTBALL!!!! Go play intramurals, brotha :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

I hear you but I just don't see the passion level out there. You shouldn't get to play just because you are a senior. You have to want it more than the other guy.

IT'S DIVISION I FOOTBALL!!!! Go play intramurals, brotha :GoBulls:

I agree if a senior is slacking, bench them. Daniels was the only one I actually saw display emotion yesterday on offense. Mostly underclassmen that seen to be going they the motions to me. The receivers beyond Hopkins, all looked like they thought putting on a uniform was enough yesterday.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

They are more worried about uniform combos than winning.