• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How do you see next year?

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

The roster:

Buckley

Jones

Dennis

Prekevicius

Diarra

Capko

Holmes -----Which Holmes will we see?

Newbies

Howard-----Could be our point man.    

Cann ------Lots of minutes, if not a starter.

Mattis

Other incoming recruits

Let's hope we can get some help, not bench warmers.

Record: I think 5 conference wins would be very good.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

I think Colin Dennis could become USF's next great guard with work and experience. He's a little too quick to heave up the 3-ball and too aggressive on defense, resulting in fouls. But I like his game and his attitude. I think someday we'll be saying that Colin Dennis epitomizes the McCullum-era USF Bulls.

I'd like to see more consistency out of Holmes and Prekivicius.

Solomon Jones is going to have to become more of an offensive threat with Leather gone.

The guy I really want to see some improvement out of is Konimba Diarra. I want to see him blossom into a lunchpail big man a la Will McDonald.

And I want Bradley Mosley to get well.

I refuse to place judgment or expectations on people who've never played a game for the Bulls, but suffice it to say we'll need some contributions from Buckley and our incoming players.

I want to see this team in the Big East tournament in Madison Square Garden in 12 months. Don't get me wrong, I really want to see them in the Final Four, but making the conference tourney (12 out of 16 will go) will be a good accomplishment given the seniors we lose and the competition we'll face.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Good post Gary, I pretty much follow that thinking as well.  However, I expect some big things from Jones.  I am at a disadvantage because I have only seen video of the Bulls on two occasions.  My reasons for high expectations for SoJo are not based on what I have actually seen, but instead on what he has done.  He seems to me like the kind of guy - that with a lot of off-season work - can be a double-double guy from time to time.  I think he can be a regular contributor in the paint and a good #3 scorer on a routine basis.

More than anyrhing I see next year as the next chapter in the McCullum era.  An era where team play is rewarded and patience is rewarded with solid progress - no smoke and mirrors.  No streetball.  Perhaps unfortunately, my expectations for next seson have been raised.  This last week encourages everyone expect more.  Hats off to Coach and the team for this gutty finish.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Perhaps unfortunately, my expectations for next seson have been raised.  This last week encourages everyone expect more.  Hats off to Coach and the team for this gutty finish.

Yeah, that's true, and could be a burden for RMC. If this team was staying in CUSA as it exists now, it might be reasonable to start thinking about the NIT. But with the bottom teams of CUSA all gone, and replaced with the likes of Syracuse and UConn, it will be a tall order to repeat the success USF had this season. There's no more Tulane, Southern Miss, or East Carolina.

I want to see some signs that the taste of success USF had at the end of this season is sustainable. Meaning, underclassmen develop into the type of players/leaders that Leather/Swift/Bryant were; the team executes and defends well; and that NCAA/Top 25 teams occasionally leave Tampa with nothing but a big fat L to show for it.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  100

Buckley, Jones, Dennis, Prekevicius and Holmes will obviously get plenty of minutes and be counted on to lead the team.  Capko, as a walk-on, is fine.  Hopefully he will not need to see the court.  Diarra is a waste of space and a scholarship.  Hopefully, he too, will not need to see the court.  

To go along with Howard, Cann, and Mattis, we need Ferguson, Walker, Boggan, and one more PG(either a good JUCO to start or someone to back-up Howard, Bradley Mosley would work here also, Hopefully).  We need 2-3 big men and another PG, regardless of who.  

Making it to the Garden is a good goal to start with, and hopefully we can take it a little further.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Those all seem like reasonable assessments, although I hope Diarra isn't wasted space...remember Will McDonald didn't blossom until he was here for a couple years and everybody wondered what he was doing taking up space on the bench. Big men can take longer to develop, especially guys like Diarra who need time to build the skills and mental toughness to go along with the raw physical ability.

I'm not looking for anything from the freshmen - anything they can provide will be a bonus, not something I'm going to be expecting. Especially since they will be going from HS straight to the Big East.

And Mosley, give the guy a break man, he has cancer. Cancer! And you think he'll be ready for basketball?

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

He thinks he'll be ready for basketball

"I'll be back, don't get rid of my jersey" - Bradley Mosley to USF equipment manager

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657

Motto for 2005-2006 Season: Garden Party or BUST!!!

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

A big train wreck... but I am proud of the guys for the way they finished out this season. We will be in over our heads next year and for the next couple of years... but eventually, things will even out and we'll be talking about USF basketball like we do football.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442

I think we will be fine next season....With the recruits we have coming in and Coach Mac signing 3 more in the late signing period(most likely a couple bigs and a guard) I believe we will be deeper....The only reason I am saying Mosely will be back is because he said he was....SoJo has a great low post move and a little baby hook shot that he will need to use next season....I think we will make the conference tourny next season which would be fantastic