• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Jose Fernandez

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  15
  • Days Won:  0

Since everyone is on the fire this coach and that coach kick, I figured I would throw my 2 cents in. The coach who has worn out his welcome is Jose Fernandez. How average can a program be? All we hear is that year in and year out he will have great teams with all this athletic talent, yet they continue to be an average team. They are not well coached and make zero adjustments. I have been a season ticket holder for 7 years and I get frustrated every year. Recently, it has been try and play man defense with some full court press and then run set plays for a shooter. There is no creativity and a lot of times the players dont play hard for him. I think the program needs some fresh blood. Also, there are a lot of rumors floating around about Jose and his lack of work ethic. I was talking to a former player the other day who said he acted like he didnt care her last two years and said that is the sentiment of current players too. I have a feeling that this will be another "we expect great things", but end up disappointing year. After this, his final year of his contract, I hope they dismiss him and not give another underachieving coach an extension.

A very disappointed season ticket holder! :FIREdevil:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Nice change of pace ....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I think they should just fire every coach on every team.

Probably best to just not renew any of the student-athletes' scholarships after this year either, give all teams a totally fresh start.

The soccer team hasn't won any national titles in that new stadium yet, I see no reason not to tear it down. Softball and baseball, ditto.

In fact, let's just close the whole university.

I guess gobulls83 is just a happy loser. Havent asked to win national titles, just live up to your expectations. Jose's record is Under 500 since the WNIT Championship!

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I guess gobulls83 is just a happy loser. Havent asked to win national titles, just live up to your expectations. Jose's record is Under 500 since the WNIT Championship!

I didn't say anything about Fernandez, honestly I haven't paid a lick of attention to women's basketball in at least five years - I don't think I've seen more than eight games or so since Jessica Dickson was there. I don't really have an opinion. Just commenting on the general mood of this message board.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

In his defense, he recruits well and has dealt with some injuries to key players in the last few years. I don't think Jose is quite as mediocre as, say, Prado or Holtz.

• Upvote 1

Those profiles are more high profile. Injuries or not, if you have as you say recruited well, you should not be under .500 the last 4 years. Also, the women's basketball program also has the lowest ARP of any team on campus!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

replace with who?

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

In his defense, he recruits well and has dealt with some injuries to key players in the last few years. I don't think Jose is quite as mediocre as, say, Prado or Holtz.

+1