• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scheduling Quality Opponents Will Be Dependent On Winning

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Ohio State just scheduled TCU for a future home and home. The impetus for this was the need to schedule top quality teams to enhance their strength of schedule for BCS championship consideration. I believe you will start seeing more of these OOC schedules for better teams.

If we tank again this year, Woolard and Genshaft better take this fact into consideration when they decide to buy Skip out or not and go in a different direction. Crappy records are going to begin having a direct impact on the bottom line of football programs.

Instead of games against programs like FSU, UF, Kansas and Notre Dame the only opponents that will be available to play will be the Ball State and UTEPs.

Being considered a strong opponent will be more and more important in the coming yeears.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

It's not just strength of schedule it's about recruiting also, for both OSU in Texas and possibly TCU in Ohio. USF will get good OOC opponents because of Florida recruiting but if USF does not improve it may be 2-1 games (for some) iinstead of a straight home and home.

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777

Although there is never a good time to have a losing record. Right now is really bad with all the re-alignment and the need to schedule tough games.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

I emailed Bill McGillis asking him if there were any thoughts about scheduling with Michigan. He said he was working on it and would love to play them. Who knows what that means

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867

We may be down at the moment, but we are still an attractive sight for a one on one!

I think we will alway remain somewhat attractive b/c of our location. Teams coming down here to play have opportunities to recruit prior to the game.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Yea, as an easy win for the first game of the season.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

I emailed Bill McGillis asking him if there were any thoughts about scheduling with Michigan. He said he was working on it and would love to play them. Who knows what that means

That there's been contact and he'd like to play them, too?

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I think we will alway remain somewhat attractive b/c of our location. Teams coming down here to play have opportunities to recruit prior to the game.

That's a myth. We have only had 1 decent home and home with a good OOC opponent and that was Kansas in 2008.

I am not even talking about home and home series. If we don't start becoming a stronger program we are going to have to be content playing Ball State and Indiana. We have NC State, Indiana and Michigan State on the future schedule. With the new BCS structure there is going to be a need for the top teams to play stronger schedules. i hope MSU doesn't back out of their scheduled games.

That's a myth. We have only had 1 decent home and home with a good OOC opponent and that was Kansas in 2008.

I am not even talking about home and home series. If we don't start becoming a stronger program we are going to have to be content playing Ball State and Indiana. We have NC State, Indiana and Michigan State on the future schedule. With the new BCS structure there is going to be a need for the top teams to play stronger schedules. i hope MSU doesn't back out of their scheduled games.

MSU won't back out of their home game, but hopefully they don't for ours. Still a long ways away