• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mark Stoops should be the next HC at USF

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

considering our defense has yet to contain ANYONE, it's a little hard to believe.

Maybe playing with much more aggression will help.

Pretty sure the complaint in 2010 was that we were passive.

Ever since Wally bolted for ISU for like a 5K raise our defense has spiralled downhill into the dumpster fire we have today.

We could have kept guys like that had Woolard have given Leavitt as much rope as Skip has for assistants. Instead Leavitt never had a shot to keep anyone wirth their salt.

Leavitt actually took a larger share of the coaches pool of money than almost any coach in the country.

BTW I'm sure they could have found $5k. not sure money was the reason. I think he said he wanted to coach with his son.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

considering our defense has yet to contain ANYONE, it's a little hard to believe.

Ever since Wally bolted for ISU for like a 5K raise our defense has spiralled downhill into the dumpster fire we have today.

We could have kept guys like that had Woolard have given Leavitt as much rope as Skip has for assistants. Instead Leavitt never had a shot to keep anyone wirth their salt.

Leavitt actually took a larger share of the coaches pool of money than almost any coach in the country.

BTW I'm sure they could have found $5k. not sure money was the reason. I think he said he wanted to coach with his son.

Compare the salaries + coaches pool from Skip to Leavitt it's not even close.

Yeah, I do recall Wally wanting to coach with his son. At the time it was a unrealistic suggestion, but we should bring him and his boy back.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Mark Stoops at DC, Chip Kelly at OC, and Jim Tressel at HC.

There. Problem solved.

There. Problem solved.

Ed Orgeron as recruiting Coordinator

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  332
  • Days Won:  1

There. Problem solved.

Forgot Bobby Boucher as our water boy.

Yeah, I do recall Wally wanting to coach with his son. At the time it was a unrealistic suggestion, but we should bring him and his boy back.

didn't say anything about the size of the compensation pool. I only said leavitt took a greater share than almost any other coach in the country. part of the reason he had such low asistant salaries was because he took such a large salary from the total pool himself.

didn't say anything about the size of the compensation pool. I only said leavitt took a greater share than almost any other coach in the country. part of the reason he had such low asistant salaries was because he took such a large salary from the total pool himself.

I don't fault Leavitt. He should have been paid more for where he built this program . I wish he had the money to get better assistants, although you can tell from Holtz that higher paid assistants doesn't necesarily mean better quality.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I could be wrong, but I highly doubt that it was put to him like... 'here's a bucket of money coach, you keep whatever you think is fair for yourself and then if you want to throw some scraps to some other schlubs, go ahead'

Skip has his salary and an assistant allowance. I'd expect that Leavitt did as well, but, USF did not value any assistant as much as the Jim.

To say he "took" a greater share makes it sound like he was maliciously holding his staff down while rolling in the dough himself. Better stated, Leavitt was allotted more of the over all staff budget...

I could be wrong, but I highly doubt that it was put to him like... 'here's a bucket of money coach, you keep whatever you think is fair for yourself and then if you want to throw some scraps to some other schlubs, go ahead'

Skip has his salary and an assistant allowance. I'd expect that Leavitt did as well, but, USF did not value any assistant as much as the Jim.

To say he "took" a greater share makes it sound like he was maliciously holding his staff down while rolling in the dough himself. Better stated, Leavitt was allotted more of the over all staff budget...

coaches have a say on who gets what all the time. including themselves. a school has a coaches budget. say ours was $3M (or whatever)total for all football coaches combined. Leavitt and the AD decided how to split it.

when Skip first came in he said he would take less so that he would have more to spend on assistants.coaches do it all the time.

point is moot though. Wally didn't pull up roots and leave for an extra $5k a year. it wasn't about money.