• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Final Thoughts:

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  23
  • Days Won:  0

Ball State, no matter how many homers disagree, is a good program; however, they have (had) a less talented roster. BUT, what they lack in player talent, they gain in coaching. This was a situation based game... (aren't they all?). The Ball State coaches had a great gameplan, put their offensive and defensive squads in positions of strength.

I think, by contrast, the USF coaching staff was caught in a reactionary mode and couldn't gain momentum on eithr side of the ball. There were situations where USF was clearly out-gunned on defense. For instance: Ball state, on a couple of occasions, broke the huddle with 4 and 5 reciever sets. USF, clearly in the wrong defense with totally the wrong package, remained in bad defensive alignments and were easily exploited with no counter.

The Offensive was good at times and bad in others... a complete wash. BJ had great plays, but then would throw passes into the turf (WTF)! Why did USF stay in a run play with Lemar (who had a good game) in the backfield when the Ball State D was CLEARLY stacked against the run.

Last question. What will the USF execs do when no one wants to buy tickets to pay Holtz's undeserved wages? USF hasn't even begun to play the tough part of the schedule and are already up against it. I see 2 more wins (SU and Temple) the rest does not look promising.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

I don't see us beating Syracuse. I could be wrong, but they have offense. We have a bad defense and an inconsistent offense. We might beat Temple but I think we'll lose the rest of our games and close the year at 3-9.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  57

I think we'll finish better than 3-9. We just need to figure out how to hold onto a lead once we get it. 2 years in a row now...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

You're right, they could also beat UCONN. But I can't see them doing better than 4-8. I hope I'm wrong but this defense isn't competitive.

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  326
  • Days Won:  1

Its coaching. The d seemed like they didnt know what they were doing most of the time. I was at the game and it seemed like they were moving in slow motion.maybe they are overworked?

Talked with a player before they got on the bus around 8my pm and he told me they had already been scheduled to practice at noon on sunday. They get zero recovery time

Could this be a reason why they are so flat and out of gas on gameday? Not tryin to make excuses but even in high school we had a day off to recuperate. IDK

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777

The practice on Sunday is normal. The team takes off on monday's.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185

Good point Ralph, it makes me wonder if these players are really buying into his system or just trying to coast by until they can go pro? Especially after hearing the comments on why the DB's didn't play. Then add in whomever you talked to but I would think if I was a player and knew anything and everything I said can be viral I'd probably not say anything about a practice the next day UNLESS I was upset about it?

At the sametime it's not the reason they are playing bad, it has to do with the coaching one way or another. Either the players hate the coaching and are doing a Tyler Wilson or the coaches don't have a clue. Either way it doesn't work and something needs to be done.

It's funny b/c when I was reading an article on BJ he was very talkative about getting into the FBI, more so than football and his up coming Sr. yr. Granted you can take that a lot of ways but to me it seems like he's going to play his heart out and then try to get into the FBI and its a done deal. Basically football is over with in his eyes and he's looking towards his future, which isn't a bad thing but made me think he knows this isn't going to be a good year? Who knows, just the vibe I got from it.

I think maybe he realizes he might be too small for the nfl?he takes alot of criticism and maybe he is getting tired of it. ? Nfl guys hit alot harder and maybe he might want to walk away without getting blasted by one of them?or he may be burned out on football. He, like most of these guys, probably has been playing since pop warner days and maybe hes had enough

Side note. I was trying to get a player to stay in Indy and go to the Colts- jaguars game at lucas oil field today then fly him back to tampa. Thats how the sunday practice came up.he wasnt griping just giving a reason why he couldnt do it. I was the one that thought it was odd to practice at noon since he doesnt live on campus and stated by the time they got home and bussed back to fowler then he gets in his truck and drives home it might be 4or 5 in the morning before he went to sleep