• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Calling it now; 10 game losing streak, 2-10 record

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Seriously? You don't see another win on the schedule? We lost by 4 points to Ball State. Yes, Ball State. But... We had the lead with just over a minute to play. The bulls are playing down to the competition and were likely looking ahead to next week's game. Maybe they just weren't prepared for this game. We were not blown out. We lost by 4 points... No, we should not lose to Ball State, but it's one game. Unless we're playing for a NC the only games that matter are conference games. A loss to Ball State hurts, but again, we're not playing for a NC this year...

No I don't. They might luck in to 1 or 2 but I can't say, oh they should be beat this team. FSU will easily hang half a hundred on this defense. This team realistically could be 1-3 right now, if not for some bad coaching by Nevada and some late game heroics by BJ.

This is a bad uninspired football team that plays with no emotion. Just look at the sidelines during the game, nobody seems to care.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I know I'll sound crazy, but we could fare pretty well if the staff ever gets out of the players way.

BJ is actually having a good year, despite being hampered by a bad offensive line and even worse play calling.

If Fitch and Co. can just be aggressive from the start we could have a dynamic offense. Ball State, ironically, isn't really any worse than the average BE team. Louisville is the only obviously better BE team than the rest.

Spot on assessment here. It's two fricking losses, guys...yes, bad losses but not blowouts. Lots to be concerned about for sure, but it IS the Big East...we have lots of conference games still to play.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Seriously? You don't see another win on the schedule? We lost by 4 points to Ball State. Yes, Ball State. But... We had the lead with just over a minute to play. The bulls are playing down to the competition and were likely looking ahead to next week's game. Maybe they just weren't prepared for this game. We were not blown out. We lost by 4 points... No, we should not lose to Ball State, but it's one game. Unless we're playing for a NC the only games that matter are conference games. A loss to Ball State hurts, but again, we're not playing for a NC this year...

No I don't. They might luck in to 1 or 2 but I can't say, oh they should be beat this team. FSU will easily hang half a hundred on this defense. This team realistically could be 1-3 right now, if not for some bad coaching by Nevada and some late game heroics by BJ.

This is a bad uninspired football team that plays with no emotion. Just look at the sidelines during the game, nobody seems to care.

This is an uninspired team. I can't believe the lack of emotion on the sidelines. A few players seem to try to fire up the crowd but the operative word is FEW!

Nevada win contradicts assessment of bad uninspired team.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

I have a hard time calling Nevada an inspired win by a good team.

That is one of the luckiest wins we have ever had. Barrington said himself he didn't make a good play on his forced fumble at the goal line. He just happened to kick the ball out the back's hands. The DB made a poor play on his dropped INT that landed in Hopkins hand. The defense gave up the 2nd most yards in program history.

We didn't drive the ball down the field with authority to come back and win that game. BJ made a few good throws and Davis had a great game, but to call that an inspired win by a good team? No way.

That is one of the luckiest wins we have ever had. Barrington said himself he didn't make a good play on his forced fumble at the goal line. He just happened to kick the ball out the back's hands. The DB made a poor play on his dropped INT that landed in Hopkins hand. The defense gave up the 2nd most yards in program history.

We didn't drive the ball down the field with authority to come back and win that game. BJ made a few good throws and Davis had a great game, but to call that an inspired win by a good team? No way.

agreed. After the Nevada game I did say that it was a great comeback win, but inspiring, NO

agreed. After the Nevada game I did say that it was a great comeback win, but inspiring, NO

"Contradicts" does not mean the opposite is true...of course this is not a good or inspired team and that's not what I said. But no more so was it bad or completely not inspired at Nevada either. We were down 21-6 in the first quarter and down 11 with four minutes to play, on the road for crying out loud...got to be at least a little fire in the bellies to pull out a win.

This year was supposed to win the conference with our senior laden team. I predict a 2-10 season now, will next year be 1-11 or 0-12