• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hey Bulls fan......

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

How I miss that defense......

The defense left before Leavitt did. Don't confuse Wally Burnham with Jim Leavitt.

:rolleyes:

USF was built on defense long before Burnham. Don't confuse your feelings on Leavitt with the history of the program. Look what players are in the NFL from USF.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

it was best under burnham tho

he was a good coordinator

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

That's a matter of opinion. It seems the Leavitt haters choose not to credit him with accomplising what he did - which was much more than we have seen in last three seasons.

At the very least, for that crowd that gives all the credit to Burnham for our first 12 or so years, let's at least give Leavitt credit for hiring him. Who has Holtz hired that you would heap the same praise on?

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

burnham was a good coordinator with a defensive minded head coach.... thats a combination for a good defense.

leavitt just couldn't get the right offensive guy

defense wasn't ever a consistent issue

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

• Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  5,241

Leavitt should come back just to back hand the entire team!

He got us going, but plateaued. Skip is bringing us downhill into oblivion

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Leavitt could have won the Big East 3 or 4 years in a row, gone to BCS Bowls and morons on this board would still say, "He just can't get us to the next level."

ARE YOU F*****G KIDDING ME??

Leavitt took 5 loaves and 2 fishes and fed the whole goddam nation!

bull

leavitt won nothing and there was no indication he would have

with bj at qb usf was never going to win

leavitt became unhinged at the end

holtz's failure doesnt validate leavitt

both have won nothing at usf

You are such a bore. Droning on about the same old crap. If you watched the game you would know that Daniels is about the least of our troubles. Is he my type of qb? of course not. But, he played hard and made some plays. It was the soft defense you should be whining about. Sometimes you get beat but too many missed tackles and the DL getting blown off the ball was pure agony to endure. You pounded the drum to get Leavitt fired acting as if any name coach could show up and win. Well, we are not winning and are 3 and 9 the last 12 games. Yes, I wanted a coach with a pro set offense and a strong defense that does not get flagged for over aggressive play. Well now, I would gladly take 8 or 9 wins, gimmick offense and over aggressive play over the crap we have now. You guys got what you wanted.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

That's a matter of opinion. It seems the Leavitt haters choose not to credit him with accomplising what he did - which was much more than we have seen in last three seasons.

At the very least, for that crowd that gives all the credit to Burnham for our first 12 or so years, let's at least give Leavitt credit for hiring him. Who has Holtz hired that you would heap the same praise on?

Well said, Brad. There also seems to be revisionist history and those who cannot tell the difference between Leavitt supporters and those just pointing out that they were WRONG!. I had my issues with Leavitt but overlooked them because I recognized that he was probably the one man who really cared about our program. There were some on here who wanted him gone at any cost. They were certain that anybody could roll in here and start winning big. They were all pleased we got Skippy and did not like it when I mocked them when Usf lost to Syracuse for the first time. Leavitt is not coming back and I would not want that anyway. I just want to point out to the malcontents that they were WRONG JUST LIKE THEY ALWAYS ARE.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  172

Well said, Brad. There also seems to be revisionist history and those who cannot tell the difference between Leavitt supporters and those just pointing out that they were WRONG!. I had my issues with Leavitt but overlooked them because I recognized that he was probably the one man who really cared about our program. There were some on here who wanted him gone at any cost. They were certain that anybody could roll in here and start winning big. They were all pleased we got Skippy and did not like it when I mocked them when Usf lost to Syracuse for the first time. Leavitt is not coming back and I would not want that anyway. I just want to point out to the malcontents that they were WRONG JUST LIKE THEY ALWAYS ARE.

Amen to these posts!!