• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Beaten by 1st year coaches

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

The Big East had 3 or 4 new head coaches last year and Skip only managed 1 win with arguably the most talented team. This year we lose to first year coach Kile Flood. A first year coach usually signals a re-building year, but they continually get the better of the Bulls. What is going on?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Living off his last name not his ability

^ +1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193

If they are going to replace him, I hope they fire the coach at Nevada and USF hires him. I believe he has the most wins of any current active FBS coach at over 200. He is also inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame. He created the Pistol Offense.

Not too sure about that one. With Woulard coming in as our QB of the future, I personally don't want to see the Pistol Offense. I know he's considered a DualThreat QB, but his Dad has said multiple times, in other threads, that he is a pass FIRST run second QB

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193

Living off his last name not his ability

^ +1

+ a million

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  498

I expected so much more, I was highly impressed with his ability to turn ECU into a winner.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

If they are going to replace him, I hope they fire the coach at Nevada and USF hires him. I believe he has the most wins of any current active FBS coach at over 200. He is also inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame. He created the Pistol Offense.

Not too sure about that one. With Woulard coming in as our QB of the future, I personally don't want to see the Pistol Offense. I know he's considered a DualThreat QB, but his Dad has said multiple times, in other threads, that he is a pass FIRST run second QB

his dad wants him to go to NFL. he had 14 TDs and 10 ints in his first year ever as a starting QB.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I expected so much more, I was highly impressed with his ability to turn ECU into a winner.

c-usa was a league that had no defense with the exception of southern miss and ucf. his offense is not complicated and doesn't translate well to the next level. it's one thing to score against tulane and smu but when you go up a step it just doesn't translate. it works against terrible defenses like cincy, nevada, famu, etc but a decent defense shuts it down every time

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  714
  • Days Won:  1

USF was already winning (only 8 games a year on average, but was still winning), so Skip has to knock them down in order to build them up.