• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My Diploma STILL says USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

I am 30...I hope to have atleast 30 more football seasons left.

Do you all realize that most programs have grandparents who can remember going to football games?

I was at school for our first d-1 game ever and am still only 30.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

and you still just witnessed a home loss to a gary nova QBed rutgers team at home in front of 15k fans.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I am 30...I hope to have atleast 30 more football seasons left.

Do you all realize that most programs have grandparents who can remember going to football games?

I was at school for our first d-1 game ever and am still only 30.

Right there with ya. I'm just a couple years older than you and being at USF for the start of D-1 football is one of my favorite things about being a Bull.

i remember the "big" wins over teams like TCU and Bowling Green or that game vs Louisville when A Jackson had all those TDs (throwing, receiving, and returning)

yet no matter what we were still USF and I encourage all of you to talk with a real fan of a program like Georgia, Florida, USC, ND, whoever

they can deal with bad years because they know that things happen that way.

I've learned to deal with the bad times. The sun will still rise in the morning, my kids will be up at 6:30 or earlier with smiling faces, and I'll still have to be in the office at 8:30. Life goes on. Will look forward to Ball state.

100% agree.

i have a 3 1/2 year old and a 11 month old.

they really don't care if we won or lost. i am just happy to be able to root for our team.

most don't appreciate that enough. so we lost a game. hell hasn't frozen over.

i think the "fans" that get most upset about our losses are the ones who talked the most trash in person to their "real" friends and family. so they get embarrassed and blame Skip

Very easy to blame Skip. I made a thread about coaching vs. execution, laid out quite a few points about things that happened in the game that I believe is the players fault.

Some think the players can do no wrong, that it's the coaches that should bear the blame for everything that goes wrong.

USF football is what it is. I get nervous before games, have trouble eating, drink my beers too fast during the game, and generally get the equivalent of a cardio workout watching it. We'll be all right, we just lost one game and I'm hoping we can right the ship against Ball State.

BTW, I have a 3 1/2 year old daughter and 7 month son - sounds like we're in similar boats! Thank God for DVR, I was by myself with them tonight, paused the game to get them to bed and watched the rest afterward.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

We lose to Rutgers every year. This used to be the team that everybody scheduled for Homecoming....and they own us. Cincinnati too. Everyone in the Midwest scheduled them for Homecoming and we can't beat either team. We are not as good as we once were. We don't belong in any BCS discussion or Bowl Series. We're somewhat of a fraud. I used to think otherwise, but the realization is we are no better than UCF. At least they have conference titles. We have a few mediocre wins against big name schools....