• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Skip Holtz!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I would honestly not call the Nevada win the greatest comeback ever, but an extremely lucky one against a team we should have beaten handily if properly prepared.....

Skip showed again tonight why he was a poor hire and should be fired...Skip Holtz is pathetic!

You're not answering the question. Why couldn't you shut up during the game, but were nowhere to be found afterward until the team lost?

Because the win was a mirage. Tonight validates what we all know. Why crow about something you know is not sustainable??

Welcome to college football. Congrats on watching your first game ever!

You're an idiot.

Looking forward the weeklong + break when you won't be on the boards, and then assuming we beat Ball State, I won't see your whiny posts at least until FSU.

I will be right there with you when I believe the team is playing WINNING football, not just because they win. You would think that you would have learned after all the years of 4-1 and 5-0 and the fool's gold this team produces.

This was an ugly loss...again...and see no signs that Skip is the guy to turn this around. I will be here to praise when there is something to praise. The Nevada win was fool's gold, or have you been blinded by shinny wins that look good in the win column. Look deeper and you will understand.

Very true and well said.

I bet Nevada looks back at the end of the year and says how did we lose to those guys! Just like Notre Dame did

last year.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Slick, you do understand that we are 0-1 in the record that really counts. 2-1 is meaningless. Especially considering 1 win was against an FCS school.

Sky has not fallen yet, but after the last 2 weeks, unless you are watching something different than the rest of us we have seen 1 win that was a result of basically 4 plays (2 bombs and 2 strips by Barrington). Our defense has shown zero ability to stop either FBS team we have played yet. We couldn't get off the field on third down last night. Last week we gave up the 2nd most yardage in school history. In both games the only thing that stopped the opponents offense was their own penalties.

We continue to see some of the worst special teams mistakes, maybe in all of college football, week in week out.

Other than Marvin Kloss' performance, what positives are you seeing from this team that leads you to believe we have at least 5 conference wins in this team?

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Slick, you do understand that we are 0-1 in the record that really counts. 2-1 is meaningless. Especially considering 1 win was against an FCS school.

Sky has not fallen yet, but after the last 2 weeks, unless you are watching something different than the rest of us we have seen 1 win that was a result of basically 4 plays (2 bombs and 2 strips by Barrington). Our defense has shown zero ability to stop either FBS team we have played yet. We couldn't get off the field on third down last night. Last week we gave up the 2nd most yardage in school history. In both games the only thing that stopped the opponents offense was their own penalties.

We continue to see some of the worst special teams mistakes, maybe in all of college football, week in week out.

Other than Marvin Kloss' performance, what positives are you seeing from this team that leads you to believe we have at least 5 conference wins in this team?

How many undefeated Big East conference winners have there been in the past?

Answer a question with a question? Come on, tell us the beauty of having Holtz as the coach and the excitement that brings to USF football (you know. the excitement that fills the stands). You can't because it is clearly not there. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE in the club donor area within shouting distance of my seats would trade Holtz for Leavitt in a New York second. This guy is losing fans to the program that it may take years and years to recover from. He would (will?) lose to UCF five straight and we will be lucky to be .500 in the BE. Unbelievably disappointed in this coach, his assistants, and now my university for giving him an unearned extension.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

Andre Davis was a positive overall, outside of his dropped pass at the end of the 1st half that could have possibly led to a FG. Baker was not perfect by no means, but he had some really good pass break-ups that kept us in the game.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

we don't win on Thursdays and we don't win against Rutgers.

why is anyone surprised by this loss?

BJ is by no means a star QB but his receivers were dropping gimmes ALL NIGHT, including one on the goal line which resulted in a pick.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305

lol I knew this thread would be here when I logged on this morning.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

lol I knew this thread would be here when I logged on this morning.

i thought the same thing lol. However, I am starting to lose hope in Skip.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719

Game 3. Ridiculous, just insanely ridiculous to think that all is lost after one loss. Absurd.

i agree with u. i also agree with u about the whiny fans that only show up to complain. BUT... kinda hard not to get that sinking feeling when we take a dump in Big East play every year and have started off this year no different than the last 7.

virtually everyone here wants a Big East championship more than anything else. we have more "signature wins" than we can count. we don't need them anymore. we need a BCS bowl berth while the opportunity is there, and reality is the margin for error is tighter than a new inmate's ass his first time in the showers now that FBS is moving towards a playoff system with 5 "more special than u" conferences that DON'T include the Big East.

playoff format begins in 2014... that gives us THIS year and next to take that next step for this program, and last night only makes the margin for error slimmer. and next year we will have a much younger team with either a true Fr starting at QB (if the football gods truly bless us with Asiantii) or Matt Floyd, who has seen no gametime. ever.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

who was responsible for the hundred QB draw plays that were called? Each picking up a stellar 1-2 yards, risking injury to BJ, while our capable RBs stood idle?

The only time we looked eficient on offense was when BJ would throw the quick outs to the receivers. It was there all night, and we refused to go to it.