• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doug Woolard Receives Contract Extension

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Through 2015

http://www2.tbo.com/...sion-ar-492959/

University of South Florida athletic director Doug Woolard has received a three-year contract extension that gives him matching bonus payments for performance incentives achieved by his head coaches.

Woolard signed an offer letter, written June 22 by USF president Judy Genshaft. The agreement keeps him at the school through June 30, 2015, which will stretch beyond his 65th birthday.

Genshaft's letter stipulates that terms of Woolard's current contract, signed in 2008, would extend through 2015. Woolard's annual base salary is $559,250.13. Genshaft's annual base salary is $470,000.

But she also wrote that, "I am enhancing your ability to earn additional annual performance incentives to demonstrate my intent and desire for success. As such, you will now be eligible for and paid incentive payments in equal and cumulative amounts to the performance incentives which are earned and paid to the head coaches according to those respective employment agreements.''

Edited by Ghost

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

Saw that earlier today. Was wondering how long it would take to get posted here. Wonder what the buyout is?

I'm OK with it. Like that his bonuses tie in to the teams' success.

See you next Thursday Ghost.

Saw that earlier today. Was wondering how long it would take to get posted here. Wonder what the buyout is?

Agreed. I felt that that was important. I am very impressed and content with what he has done with facilities and athletics seems to be on the upswing. Football remains to be seen but all of our other sports had fantastic years, with more than 50% finishing in the top 2 in the Big East conference.

See you next Thursday. What section do you sit in at games again? Just wondering if Ill see you this Thursday too.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

Agreed. I felt that that was important. I am very impressed and content with what he has done with facilities and athletics seems to be on the upswing. Football remains to be seen but all of our other sports had fantastic years, with more than 50% finishing in the top 2 in the Big East conference.

See you next Thursday. What section do you sit in at games again? Just wondering if Ill see you this Thursday too.

We're in 237, Rows BB & CC

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I hate the contract extension for Holtz. He has done nothing to as of yet to earn an extension

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Holtz is a great ambassador for our program and other schools around the country would swoop him up the minute he has a breakout year here.

the extension was more of a security blanket and increased his buyout. has to be a two way street when making contract negotiations like that.

as for Doug Woolard- 100% deserve. Outside of Football- USF has had some very successful athletic teams and the changes around campus are wonderful as well

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I hate the contract extension for Holtz. He has done nothing to as of yet to earn an extension

That contract was about recruiting.... pure and simple.

Also, contracts were meant to be broken.

So far, with the exception of winning games(which is obviously the most important thing), I love everything Holtz has brought and brings to this program. If he can start stringing winning seasons together, I am all for keeping him for life.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

So far, with the exception of winning games(which is obviously the most important thing), I love everything Holtz has brought and brings to this program. If he can start stringing winning seasons together, I am all for keeping him for life.

Yes, but you have to WIN. After 2 years, Skip has not done that near enough. He had 3 more years left on his current contract. If we go 5-7 again this year (which I don't believe we will), was that a good extension?