• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This BJs Year !!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  164

Why doesn't BJ have more designed running plays for himself? His speed is one of his best assets. I know he fumbles a bit but you don't overcome problems by avoiding them.

ET had some valid points regarding this but I would add this much: It's instinctual with players like BJ and Grothe. They can literally feel where the pressure is and know when it is time to take off. I think if you try designing that into tthe game plan-- with forced plays, it takes away from their feel for the game.

having said that-- smart DCs understand how to contain a running QB by apply even pressure that doesn't create running lanes for them. But doing so also tends to lower how much pressure is on him passing. It's kind of like letting someone shoot the three pointer versus driving the lane.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

it remains to be seen if it is his year

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

DUH, thank you captain obvious.

• Topic Count:  2,336
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

DUH, thank you captain obvious.

Typical Smazza

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  260
  • Days Won:  0

Heres my thing with BJ while taking nothing away from his 4th qtr performance this past week. He continues to miss too many open wrs. There were it least upwards of 10 throws either over or under thrown to open players. Also a few of the deep routes if he leads them we would've been ahead earlier in the game. Believe 1 or 2 to Dunkley, and 1 to Trex where they had to comeback or slow down their routes just to come close to ball. He needs to shore up his throws more under 15 yards as well. His stat lines to me are misleading because he has hit on some great deep passes but other drives have stalled due to his accuracy inconsistency. But if it continues like this and we still get W's then fine by me. But in order to beat the better teams in my opinion he needs to shore up his other throws. And keep throwing to #81 Davis my favorite player he is straight BeastMode! Also Lamar needed to play and it shows Murray and him are a great compliment to each other and I think will help as the season progresses. Tough loss once again losing Griffin cant seem to catch a break, but I think thats one position we can kinda afford it because of our depth. Like our mix with Davis, Mitchell, Dunkley and other guys sprinkled in at WR.

Lets beat Rutgers and get the Conference started right finally! Go Bulls!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

Let's have another 300 yard 3 TD performance!!!