• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some serious analysis

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Hanging out at the silverandblue board, saw this linked. A pretty in-depth look at the game tomorrow. Start reading now or you won't be done in time.

http://mwcfootballanalysis.wordpress.com/category/team-nevada-wolf-pack/

WARNING:

It has a sad ending:

CONCLUSION

South Florida’s defense will have difficulty defending against Nevada’s Pistol Offense. In the first quarter, Nevada’s offense will get early points as South Florida’s defense adjusts to Nevada’s Pistol Offense.

Nevada’s defense has a slight edge over South Florida’s offense.

Both teams have excellent special teams and are relatively evenly matched, except South Florida KR Derrick Hopkins (5-5, 160, Jr.), who is a threat to score a touchdown on every kickoff return, but Nevada will likely keep the ball away from him on kickoffs.

In the fourth quarter, South Florida’s defensive line will be exhausted from the travel and elevation. Consequently, Nevada’s offensive line, which did not need to travel and is acclimated to the elevation, will gain momentum and lead Nevada’s rushing offense to victory. Nevada will win this game.

[P.S. I am confident that Nevada will not have a repeat embarrassment of fumbles and penalties, which would change the outcome of this game.]

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Seems like a fair analysis coming from a MWC writer....

I'm not feeling the altitude excuse.....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

I know you read only the conclusion, unless you are a speed reader, finishing his last cycle and chugging 5 hour energy....

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I know you read only the conclusion, unless you are a speed reader, finishing his last cycle and chugging 5 hour energy....

ADD is a mutha

No way I'd make it through....

Edited by Skingraft

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Reading this reminds me of that Nole fan that was on here in '09 with his fool-proof average OL weight analysis and the win he guaranteed based on those numbers. This guy is looking too deep into this.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Reading this reminds me of that Nole fan that was on here in '09 with his fool-proof average OL weight analysis and the win he guaranteed based on those numbers. This guy is looking too deep into this.

LOL did you seriously read that?

Sounds computer-generated ... maybe their engineering department created a robot that spat out the statistics and arranged it into the analysis at the link. The conclusion definitely doesn't sound like it was written by a human ...

LOL did you seriously read that?

Sounds computer-generated ... maybe their engineering department created a robot that spat out the statistics and arranged it into the analysis at the link. The conclusion definitely doesn't sound like it was written by a human ...

I skimmed it. Apparently BJD threw 7 INTs last year with no TDs to his credit.

Starting QB: B.J. Daniels (6-0, 217, Sr.) [Last Season] 11 games played; 215 total completions out of 365 total passing attempts (58.9% completions); 7 total interceptions out of 365 total passing attempts (1.9% interceptions); 1.2 touchdown passes pgp; and 235.0 passing yards pgp

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Won't even bother reading. Did he give a score? Based on the writing, it sounds like he's predicting a blowout.

As for the flight..... what the hell is so draining about a 5.5 hour flight????? Sheesh. May as well say Nevada will win cuz theyve been around longer.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

and what exactly is he basing this line off of?

"Both teams have excellent special teams and are relatively evenly matched, except South Florida KR Derrick Hopkins (5-5, 160, Jr.), who is a threat to score a touchdown on every kickoff return, but Nevada will likely keep the ball away from him on kickoffs."

considering Hopkins had all of 1 return in his whole USF career and wasn't even returning kicks in week 1.

I'm sorry- it may be long but i wouldn't really put too much weight into this.

There's really no "good" option to kick to if you're Nevada.