• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does The Nevada Game Set The Tone For The Year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

Important game, no doubt. We win here traveling out this far, may help give us some confidence on Thu. We need to get some sort of decent lead so some of our guys can rest in 4th quarter

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  0

I watched Rutgers replay the other night against Tulane and personally I don't think Rutgers is that good and maybe go out on another limb, if Tulane can give Rutgers problems than I think Nevada would be able to beat them. I think it was Chris ault who said one time there are two seasons in college football. There is the conference season and then there is the other season. His whole philosophy is the other season helps you prepare for the conference season but usually its the first game of the conference season that can sent the tone on how you do in the conference season.

You want momentum going into the conference season but losing OOC games won't affect your conference title hopes. So I think the Rutgers game for you guys is more of a tone setting for this team than this game will be.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I watched Rutgers replay the other night against Tulane and personally I don't think Rutgers is that good and maybe go out on another limb, if Tulane can give Rutgers problems than I think Nevada would be able to beat them. I think it was Chris ault who said one time there are two seasons in college football. There is the conference season and then there is the other season. His whole philosophy is the other season helps you prepare for the conference season but usually its the first game of the conference season that can sent the tone on how you do in the conference season.

You want momentum going into the conference season but losing OOC games won't affect your conference title hopes. So I think the Rutgers game for you guys is more of a tone setting for this team than this game will be.

I agree. I also caught a replay of the RU-Tulane matchup and felt the same way. They did not look good at all. Not to say we looked great against UTC, but they just didnt look threatening at all. To be honest, I am more concerned about the fact that the game is on a Thursday night than the fact that it is against Rutgers.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

No ... Ball State will.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  0

No. This game is absolutely meaningless. Who cares if we ever get ranked again if we can't compete in this **** conference. Rest the starters after the first half and worry about Rutgers. That's the game that makes or breaks this season. You have to assume Louisville loses no more than 2 games and that we probably aren't winning the game at their place. That means doing whatever it takes to beat Rutgers.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I'm happy if next Friday we are 2-1

Our SOS will not get us to the BCS title, but our BE championship with get us to a BCS bowl

Hypothetically speaking, If we went undefeated and FSU, Nevada and UL only had one loss, we might play for the BCS title game, if there were no other undefeated teams. LOL

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

Dang fans are this board are more pessimistic than any board ive ever been on lol. Not saying there isnt a reason for it to an extent, but even on the Miami dolphin boards some people have a little hope in the future. Talking about being happy to be 2-1 by friday and the interest level after FSU. We are 1-0, came out of the opener with no signifcant injuries (other than Shaw i guess) with a healthy o line the week, and the defense looked great. We should be pretty confident going into this one

Edited by dabulls34

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Dang fans are this board are more pessimistic than any board ive ever been on lol. Not saying there isnt a reason for it to an extent, but even on the Miami dolphin boards some people have a little hope in the future. Talking about being happy to be 2-1 by friday and the interest level after FSU. We are 1-0, came out of the opener with no signifcant injuries (other than Shaw i guess) with a healthy o line the week, and the defense looked great. We should be pretty confident going into this one

tumblr_m8mfxd5Md71rd8d37o2_400.jpg

We Dolphin fans have just crossed the realm into delusion. A 4 win season would be miraculous for the Fins.