• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Florida State or Miami?

Which would be more important?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436
  • Days Won:  0

Of course, I would prefer both. But which game do you think is more important to win in the 2012 regular season?

Edited by Florida Bull

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

Miami

Of course, the FSU game is at home, and it would be nice to get a win against arrogant fans-who would be proud of Gene Deckeroff's boast of FSU fans outnumbering USF fans at Raymond James Stadium, I think at least 2-1. FSU also has higher expectations, probably still seen as the ACC's flagship program. An undefeated 2-0 record against them would be a nice accomplishment for the program. This is our last chance to play the Seminoles, with current scheduling agreements.

On the other hand, if USF wins the Big East, it could entail a re-match with FSU; it would be very difficult to defeat them twice in one season. This would also be our last chance to play Miami (with current scheduling agreements), if they decide to cancel our game next year while making room for a ninth conference game. And, after last year, I really want payback! Due to location and being in fellow major media markets (the two largest in Florida, and the two fartherest south major metropolitan areas in Florida), some might believe they would make a more natural rivalry than with FSU. Thanks to timing and proximity, defeating the Hurricanes might have a bigger affect on the actual recruits we will be offerring; and even put pressure on Miami while hypothetically considering a cancellation of the last game of our series.

Of course there are different ways to consider the question. Defeating FSU would help with national exposure, while defeating Miami could have more subtile-yet potentially more long-term-advantages.

Edited by Florida Bull

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Most important: Miami, it's towards the end of the season. We need to keep the ball rolling and not stumble down the stretch.

Game I want us to win the most: Florida State. Way bigger win than UM. Plus to have a 2-0 record over the "Unconquered".....yeah.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

FSU is the bigger game, and I voted for it, but Miami is also more of a must win imo. Late in the season, and falling to 1-4 all time against Miami, during their down years for the most part, leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Please both lol

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

If you want to go to a BCS bowl, both.

Of course defeating both is important-especially if we meet one in a BCS Bowl. But, I think we only need to win our conference in the regular season to get to such a bowl-unless we need an at-large bid.

Edited by Florida Bull

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Of course defeating both is important-especially if we meet one in a BCS Bowl. But, I think we only need to win our conference in the regular season to get to such a bowl-unless we need an at-large bid.

The Big East OFTEN has co-champs. The higher ranked one goes to the BCS bowl game. Louisville has a head start.

Edited by slick1ru2

The Big East OFTEN has co-champs. The higher ranked one goes to the bowl game.

I thought there were intra-conference tie-breakers. Or is that the first one? If so, does one of the teams have to be in the top 25?