• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pete DiNovo

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

He's wavering? To what do you owe this tidbit of information?

There was a Tweet referenced in the Benjamin thread:

Brendan Sonnone â€@BSonnone

It's also interesting that Pete DiNovo rumors of swaying and Benjamin decommitting have come a week apart. Welcome to BCS football UCF.

I say we've got our qb, look to 2014 for another one ...

Skip came out and said that we're still taking two QB's this year. He's just not going after anyone too hard at this point. I think he's very confident in Woulard's commitment and abilities. I think the plan is too see who's available at the end and try and snatch a guy late. It's not the end of the world if we don't get a second, but we do need 2 QB's in this class. If Woulard establishes himself next year, landing a QB is going to be even more challenging in 2014.

Edited by Bull Martin

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  150
  • Days Won:  1

who was the guy ranked as a ATH at elite 11? he seemed to have very few offers and i liked how he did...

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

According to Pete, he isn't wavering.

DiNovo said his commitment is still solid.

"Yes, I'm 100 percent committed still," he said via text. "I haven't got a chance to talk to Rich yet, my phone has been blowing up."

http://www.baynews9....tech_wr_ri.html

Shocking .... an inaccurate Tweet.

All right, crew, time for "Triple B's gripe against Twitter, take 462" :lol:

I honestly think I'm in the 4 figure range by now ...

You are very humble, I like that... ;)

Edited by Rizman

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

who was the guy ranked as a ATH at elite 11? he seemed to have very few offers and i liked how he did...

You mean the kid with just one offer from Fresno State?

He's wavering? To what do you owe this tidbit of information?

There was a Tweet referenced in the Benjamin thread:

Brendan Sonnone â€@BSonnone

It's also interesting that Pete DiNovo rumors of swaying and Benjamin decommitting have come a week apart. Welcome to BCS football UCF.

I say we've got our qb, look to 2014 for another one ...

Skip came out and said that we're still taking two QB's this year. He's just not going after anyone too hard at this point. I think he's very confident in Woulard's commitment and abilities. I think the plan is too see who's available at the end and try and snatch a guy late. It's not the end of the world if we don't get a second, but we do need 2 QB's in this class. If Woulard establishes himself next year, landing a QB is going to be even more challenging in 2014.

I just think if we get a 2nd qb, it needs to be one with the right mindset, aware that he may not have a real good shot here to start barring something unforeseen ....

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I just think if we get a 2nd qb, it needs to be one with the right mindset, aware that he may have a real good shot here to start barring something unforeseen ....

I assume you meant to include a "not" in your statement.

But I would say, not necessarily. Big time programs don't recruit one top QB and then a bunch of scrub QBs to back him up. If you want to be a big time program, act like it. I want two blue chippers. Then when we have two, I want three. Then when we have three, we get four.

First, I want guys that want to compete. Second, players get injured. Third, players leave early for the NFL. Fourth, players can move to other positions. I'm not lowering my expections for the quality of the next guy just because we got one stud. And I hope the coaching staff doesn't lower their expectations either.

I just think if we get a 2nd qb, it needs to be one with the right mindset, aware that he may not have a real good shot here to start barring something unforeseen ....

But I would say, not necessarily. Big time programs don't recruit one top QB and then a bunch of scrub QBs to back him up. If you want to be a big time program, act like it. I want two blue chippers. Then when we have two, I want three. Then when we have three, we get four.

First, I want guys that want to compete. Second, players get injured. Third, players leave early for the NFL. Fourth, players can move to other positions. I'm not lowering my expections for the quality of the next guy just because we got one stud. And I hope the coaching staff doesn't lower their expectations either.

"Not" added where it was omitted .... and I really can't comment on the rest of your post without getting a lecture. ;)

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I just think if we get a 2nd qb, it needs to be one with the right mindset, aware that he may have a real good shot here to start barring something unforeseen ....

The only way they take a guy with lower expectations is if they get another preferred walk-on.

They are not recruiting a back up QB. They'll pick a guy that has the opportunity to compete for a starting position. In reality, if Woulard turns out to be what a lot of folks think he'll be, they are likely recruiting a back up, but you don't recruit with that mind set.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  150
  • Days Won:  1

Yeap thats the one! thought he did better then some of the more ballyhoed types.

I agree with Martin... never recruit with the idea they will be backups... get another blue chip QB if we can. Competition is always good.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

Yeap thats the one! thought he did better then some of the more ballyhoed types.

I agree with Martin... never recruit with the idea they will be backups... get another blue chip QB if we can. Competition is always good.

zack greenlee

he's listed as a QB

http://247sports.com/Player/Zack-Greenlee-21143