• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tampa pulls out of "Champions" Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

I heard that they wanted RayJay to add extra seats and upgrade the stadium facilities a bit... it makes no sense because the Superdome is waaayyy out of date.

You realize they completely re did the superdome after katrina right, and still host the sugar bowl as well as Super Bowls.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

There is nothing wrong with pulling out.... If we Tampa did not, we could not say with certantity that we had not created other little bowl games that will be running around in a year or so.... I say it's a very mature move....

Yes, there are times when pulling out is not only a good tactical move, but also a wise strategic move. It avoids having to be on the hook to support that bowl for eighteen or so years, when you and the original sponsor have long since parted ways. Just sayin...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

what does the future hold for tampa?

they must have a game plan

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

The Outback Bowl is one of the best run bowls. It will do just fine.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

There is nothing wrong with pulling out.... If we Tampa did not, we could not say with certantity that we had not created other little bowl games that will be running around in a year or so.... I say it's a very mature move....

Yes, there are times when pulling out is not only a good tactical move, but also a wise strategic move. It avoids having to be on the hook to support that bowl for eighteen or so years, when you and the original sponsor have long since parted ways. Just sayin...

Kudos to both of you... well played gentlemen

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Personally I think in this day and age we should all wear bowl protection. I mean do you want to have a bowl game with that Belk Chick? Even a Beef o' Brady's Bowl sounds like closing time material. The BBW Compass bowl sounds absolutely scary and I am not even sure Bowl protection sounds safe enough.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

^- I agree. And I'm just saying, just saying, if there's no bowl protection - maybe the Magic Jack was the right decision at that time. Didn't cost $100 to get in, was a relaxing afternoon, and no risk involved (unless one of the ushers opened the doors to the Trop without knocking).

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

I remember a few months ago reading Ray Jay would be going through upgrades these next few years. Jumbotron will be new and I think they fixed up the seats a year or so ago. Not sure what else is planned...

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I hope they fixed the jumbo trons.... they are becoming embarrassing...

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

I hope they fixed the jumbo trons.... they are becoming embarrassing...

They are, but I think its for 2013.