• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Building Tradition at USF: Anything Being Implemented?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Second time... what is tamplona?

Starting a green rally rag tradition is very very easy. Just raise the price of the our shirt by $1 and then include a green rag with each our shirt purchase.

Got that.... include green rag with each our shirt purchase and that's all it will take. Make the our shirts $6 or $7 dollars to cover the cost. If a business is selling the A&M rags for $1 I'm sure SG can find a place to get green ones for a similar price. I can't imagine green dye raises the cost by much, if at all.

Tamplona is word invented by ET,a play off of Pamplona, Spain

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Second time... what is tamplona?

Starting a green rally rag tradition is very very easy. Just raise the price of the our shirt by $1 and then include a green rag with each our shirt purchase.

Got that.... include green rag with each our shirt purchase and that's all it will take. Make the our shirts $6 or $7 dollars to cover the cost. If a business is selling the A&M rags for $1 I'm sure SG can find a place to get green ones for a similar price. I can't imagine green dye raises the cost by much, if at all.

Tamplona is word invented by ET,a play off of Pamplona, Spain

Yep, where the Running of The Bulls takes place.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Pitt in 2001 was out first huge road win.

Define huge.

Second game as a 1 A program going up against a team who was the first team receiving votes in both polls. We received some good time on ESPN that day. You can argue that we arrived as a program that day.

Maybe. I was on campus then and I don't remember a huge deal being made about it. Sort of feel that is a close runner up to beating an SEC team on national TV, a victory without which we never would have made it to #2 in the country. Just my opinion.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

tradition? your talking about tradition? (in allen iverson voice)...we cant even stand during a game without getting kicked out. A large majority of our older fans kick the younger energetic fans out of the game when they stand. I dont think we need a live bull but we can do alot more to create a better game day experience.We have a game announcer but during the intermissions we need a DJ, and more going on in the stands to get the fans involved. This guy could also be the one to start the chants. The Miami Heat use a DJ. This could help create some tradition as far as chants and what were known for. He can at the appropriate time initiate the right hand signals or chants. I just think some of the of the small traditions we have like the fight song need to be bigger and better. For example the band doesnt always have to play it. We can pump it through the loud speaker so it can get everyone going when we start waving those horns in a circle. This would be far more intimidating.

I think we do the traditional third down noise through the speaker and we get loud but how about some FULL stadium chant of something like one side of the stadium says "THIRD DOWN" THE OTHER SIDE SAYS "LOCK DOWN"...anything it could be annything you think of. I just think its these things that people remember. Other teams remember. They will leave and say **** that was intense.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Maybe. I was on campus then and I don't remember a huge deal being made about it. Sort of feel that is a close runner up to beating an SEC team on national TV, a victory without which we never would have made it to #2 in the country. Just my opinion.

I remember the local news stations being at the airport and getting great shots of Coach Leavitt and the team when they landed back in Tampa.

Auburn victory was huge but B-B-M asked what was the first huge road win.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  64
  • Days Won:  0

BullTide!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Please Lord.... let football season start already.... :popcorn:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  508
  • Days Won:  1

BullTide!!!

RBT!!!!

I agree with most on this board, you just gotta wait for tradition to come... Coming up with a tradition is the lamest thing I have heard.