• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Building Tradition at USF: Anything Being Implemented?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  197
  • Days Won:  0

About 6 months ago the group Building Tradition at USF was gaining traction and chatter. The general consensus was the USF Football gameday experience was lacking substance, and had little if any fan engagement. Fans offered their suggestions and it was hoped that they would be taken to the powers that be.

Just wondering if that group had any success and if we can expect some improvements in the "experience" on gamedays.

To me it just seems bland and stale, almost as if they are not trying. But, as a USF fan I want to give these young men and women working in that department the benefit of the doubt and hope some extraneous forces are preventing them from improving the experience and putting USF front and center.

I feel the "we are a new program with no traditions" is a lame excuse. Its 2012 everything is manufactured and scripted from the Bachelor to the Kardashians, there are high school programs in this area that have been around for 5 years with more fan engagement, USF is entering its 16th season. Its rather easy for creative people in that line of work, you script everything, from the entrance, to what and when the band plays, to what goes up on the Jumbotron, to what the fans collectively shout and sing. Playing in RJS is also a poor excuse, yes an OCS will improve the college atmosphere, but there are no plans for a stadium at this time so we better get comfortable at RJS.

There is a huge opportunity when FSU comes to town, lets hope USF is at the forefront, and the fans are engaged.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I have not heard anything myself and I asked some of my friends that work in Athletics... apparently from what I have heard from my sources some of the brass has decided to ignore this "Building Tradition" group because (a) they did not think of it, and (B) it runs counter to some of their own wishes. These are not my words, these are the words of my buds who work in Athletics.

For example my buds told me that a number of the Athletics brass was not too happy that the "Building Tradition" polls showed that the majority of Bulls fans wanted a live Bull at games, increased tailgate hours, and other things.

I hope that my bud's are wrong and that the brass is seriously looking into figuring out how to implement these things vs. ignoring this group and the voices of the fans.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Unfortunately your spot on.....

What I "hear" is that the TSA owns them and our ideas cannot be executed due to RJ policies or restrictions

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

check it out it talks about why usf does not want a live bull inspite of all the fans wanting one. They also talk about other possible traditions that could be soon implemented.

http://www.usforacle...17#.UCr1J0Tmp7w

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  271
  • Days Won:  1

If that's athletic's true view on the situation then that is EXTREMELY disappointing.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

If that's athletic's true view on the situation then that is EXTREMELY disappointing.

this. What is the point if they arent even going to listen or consider anything?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  271
  • Days Won:  1

this. What is the point if they arent even going to listen or consider anything?

Last I heard is that they WERE considering the ideas presented. I have personally contacted the owner of the page in regards to potential ideas many times and he assured me that USF was listening. I had several ideas including lighting the roof of the Sundome green when we won basketball games (similar to the Trop), a USF float in Gasparilla, and, of course, implimenting a live bull at USF. I live on a farm and was willing to offer any advice that would be needed. I was told that all this would be considered and he had a project coming up soon that he would need assistance on.

That was the last I've heard from him. But if USF is simply going to sweep this sort of activity under the rug then I am very disappointed by whoever made that call and think that individual needs to be removed immediately.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

My ideas.

1. Stop the "smoke" at the entrance, we're not um.

2. Stop the firing of the "cannons", we're not the Bucs.

3. Stop the "running with the Bulls thing", as much as ET likes to call us Tamplona, we're not.

4. Stop trying to "force" a tradition, when they start they start.

JMVHO

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

The only tradition USF needs to

My ideas.

1. Stop the "smoke" at the entrance, we're not um.

2. Stop the firing of the "cannons", we're not the Bucs.

3. Stop the "running with the Bulls thing", as much as ET likes to call us Tamplona, we're not.

4. Stop trying to "force" a tradition, when they start they start.

JMVHO

AMEN!

The only tradition USF needs to create/manufacture/script is winning Big East games/titles.