• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Random Recruiting Discussions (Split from another thread, title by moderator)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  423
  • Days Won:  1

Inspite of that I am around tons of young recruits daily and they are extremely impressionable. Fans on the recruiting boards are extremely influential as recruits do frequent them.

That's a very scary thought ...

Not directly however if the overwhelming sentiment of the fans is negative toward say the coaching staff or other aspects of the athletic programs as a parent or potential recruit i would have to consider the reasons. For example. If you can't talk up your own program why would a recruit not be concerned. Speaking on the initial decision to commit after you're committed then you play ball fans don't way in on that you give it 100

That's really not the scary part I was talking about ... It's more the way some here, at times, disrespect the kids making these decisions, those who don't choose us and sometimes those who do.

+1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

If the internet had that much pull over recruits, how the hell did UF pull in the recruits they did with Fireroonzook.com from day 1? I think some of you need to take a step back and realize teenagers don't care as much as you think about middle-aged fanboys.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

I love how people on here keep talking about how boards and that sort of thing don't affect recruits. Why do you think that even PLAYERS like BJ and many others who say they don't have twitters or Facebook, or pay attn to the media, and EVEN COACHES like SKIP who say they try to avoid paying attention to what others say????? It's because it gets to them, one way or another, for better or for worse! So if those Things affect players and coaches, of course things like this board will impact recruits. Mr. woulard is right. We're all human at the end of the day, some folks on here seem to forget that.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

If the internet had that much pull over recruits, how the hell did UF pull in the recruits they did with Fireroonzook.com from day 1? I think some of you need to take a step back and realize teenagers don't care as much as you think about middle-aged fanboys.

Well let's hope they care even less about 20 something negative nancies.

Well, the next time I hear a kid say he's no longer considering a school because of their message boards I'll 1) apologize for my ignorance on this matter and 2) try my best not to laugh.

Edited by JTrue
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  423
  • Days Won:  1

Well, the next time I hear a kid say he's no longer considering a school because of their message boards I'll 1) apologize for my ignorance on this matter and 2) try my best not to laugh.

not that it would be the only reason but maybe cause uncertainty or concern not good when competing for attention

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  123
  • Days Won:  0

not that it would be the only reason but maybe cause uncertainty or concern not good when competing for attention

Sorry if this has been mentioned/talked about before but are you the new USF QB for next year?

Thx

jonpfl

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Sorry if this has been mentioned/talked about before but are you the new USF QB for next year?

Thx

jonpfl

His father.

Weird, I guess I thought decisions were based more on the school itself, the team, facilities, NFL exposure, system, that sort of thing. Not message board banter on whether or not a coach with multiple national championships at one of the most successful programs ever might bring a little something extra to the table than CSH. And I might have missed it, but when was anyone negative toward CSH in this thread? I'm pretty sure we all want him to succeed and we are optimistic about USF's future.

Edited by JTrue