• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Random Recruiting Discussions (Split from another thread, title by moderator)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  423
  • Days Won:  1

Inspite of that I am around tons of young recruits daily and they are extremely impressionable. Fans on the recruiting boards are extremely influential as recruits do frequent them. We did and if you can't talk up your own school why would I wanna go there? As a recruit you consider more than what the coaches say and what you see on a visit. Now that's a wow! Coaches will say anything its the totality of circumstances that you decide on...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

Inspite of that I am around tons of young recruits daily and they are extremely impressionable. Fans on the recruiting boards are extremely influential as recruits do frequent them.

That's a very scary thought ...

Inspite of that I am around tons of young recruits daily and they are extremely impressionable. Fans on the recruiting boards are extremely influential as recruits do frequent them.

Not directly however if the overwhelming sentiment of the fans is negative toward say the coaching staff or other aspects of the athletic programs as a parent or potential recruit i would have to consider the reasons. For example. If you can't talk up your own program why would a recruit not be concerned. Speaking on the initial decision to commit after you're committed then you play ball fans don't way in on that you give it 100

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  150

I dont think thats the case Mr. Woulard... I really dont think anyone here other then a few trolls are "not pro-usf" most of us bleed green and gold...

One can bleed green and gold and still be realistic of expectations... some fans are a little to RAH RAH. usf is the bestest! no matter what anyone else says! and that isnt really all that healthy either.

I do totally understand your view point however... i think some posters get into "personal" disagreements and take things a little too far. however by and large one the vibe is pretty positive.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Not directly however if the overwhelming sentiment of the fans is negative toward say the coaching staff or other aspects of the athletic programs as a parent or potential recruit i would have to consider the reasons. For example. If you can't talk up your own program why would a recruit not be concerned. Speaking on the initial decision to commit after you're committed then you play ball fans don't way in on that you give it 100

Again, at no point did I talk down our program. Bullwinkle simply made a comment which I disagreed with, so I did. I am all for positive thinking and moving forward but lets keep it within the realm of reality here. USF has a long way to go. I believe that this 2012 squad, as well as the 2013 class can be a HUGE leap forward in what seemed like a step back last year. The timing seems to be just right. The NBC TV deal, the departure of WVU, the departure of the BCS format, the stellar year USF athletics as a whole had in 2012, the momentum that we appear to be carrying forward with facilities, all of that can catapult us to the forefront of news column if everything goes well.

My point is that it hasnt happened yet. So let's not jump the gun shall we?

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Again, at no point did I talk down our program. Bullwinkle simply made a comment which I disagreed with, so I did. I am all for positive thinking and moving forward but lets keep it within the realm of reality here. USF has a long way to go. I believe that this 2012 squad, as well as the 2013 class can be a HUGE leap forward in what seemed like a step back last year. The timing seems to be just right. The NBC TV deal, the departure of WVU, the departure of the BCS format, the stellar year USF athletics as a whole had in 2012, the momentum that we appear to be carrying forward with facilities, all of that can catapult us to the forefront of news column if everything goes well.

But why not focus on all the good things to come? There's absolutely no benefit to pointing out USF's short comings at every turn on this forum.

But why not focus on all the good things to come? There's absolutely no benefit to pointing out USF's short comings at every turn on this forum.

At every turn? I did it once lol.

This is a discussion board. We discuss things here. Its ok to discuss things we need to improve. It isnt going to hurt anyone's feelings.

I cant believe this forum of all places is harping on about being negative. You want to see negative? Watch USF drop 2 games early and then you'll see negative.

Agree my focus in 100% Bulls no mention of any team being better or conference. What's the point cool un another forum not so much in "The Pen"

I am now a salesman you would work for Nissan and talk about how good Toyota is and how they are better as a company even if its obvious im on team Nissan ain't no mention of another car co or brand all Nissan all the time especially in a Nissan forum ijs

Edited by Woulard
  • Upvote 1

Agree my focus in 100% Bulls no mention of any team being better or conference. What's the point cool un another forum not so much in "The Pen"

I admire your enthusiasm. Really, I do.

Last year made me pretty jaded lol.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

That's really not the scary part I was talking about ... It's more the way some here disrespect the kids, at times, making these decisions, those who don't choose us and sometimes those who do.