• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2013 Forward Demetrius Henry

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Greg Auman â€@gregauman

Faith Baptist basketball's Demetrius Henry visiting South Carolina this weekend, will still visit Miami and USF, then choose in April.

Also:
Greg Auman â€@gregauman

USF signee John Egbunu, a top-100 recruit, has left Fort Walton Beach, is now enrolled at Faith Baptist in Brandon, per coach Kenny Gillion.

Interesting, I guess he's there to get to know Demetrius Henry. Would have been awesome if Egbunu and Henry could have played together this season. Could have left Drew Davis at Fort Walton Beach because he would have got no playing time there.

Edited by Vega

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

how's he fit with a schollie?

• 2 weeks later...

andrea dawson â€@chellslonglegs

S/O to University of South Carolina for the outstanding hospitality that they showed to me and my son Demetrius Henry, Coach Evans much love

William Gunter â€@WillGunter247

2013 PF Demetrius Henry enjoyed his visit to South Carolina this weekend and plans to visit South Florida next weekend.

Basically Momma like USC, probably because it's a much closer drive to see him play where it's much, much longer trip to Tampa from Augusta. However Henry has two visits remaining in his favorite state of Florida. Coach Martin is a tough recruiter with prospects from the So Florida area, but Heath has been after Henry a lot longer then anyone else. The U is having a great season and have a chance at making the Final 4. Should be an interesting next couple of weeks. Of course Miami could still be playing.

Henry's mom raves about USC official visit

It's too soon to know if USC will land 6-9 Demetrius Henry of Bradenton, FL but the Gamecocks certainly helped themselves with what they showed him and his mother during his official visit that concluded Saturday. "They showed us an excellent time," Henry's mother Andrea Dawson said. "They really did their thing. We saw everything. I could tell by how he was acting he was really comfortable." Ms. Dawson and her daughter live in Augusta and she likes the idea of her son being just an hour away for college. "Me and his sister are his biggest fans," she said. "I'd like to be there and be at every home game rooting him on. I like the situation at South Carolina. The program, the staff, it's a family oriented place. Frank Martin, Mrs. Martin, coach Evans, the whole staff." USC was the first of three visits Henry plans to make. He will go to South Florida this coming weekend and to Miami after the Hurricanes complete their NCAA Tournament play. Miami coach Jim Larranaga has been the only head coach to visit with Ms. Dawson at her home. Henry's mother said as far as she's concerned, there is a front runner. "I can't speak on his behalf," she said, "but I've got USC up front."

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20130323/PSPORTS02/130329833/-1/psports

Very disturbing that Stan Heath would be the only coach still recruiting Henry to NOT have visited with the mother. Been recruiting the kid this long and hadn't even considered going to see the mom.

I listed Miami, USC, and USF in that order for Henry before this USC visit. The change I will make is move USC into a tie with Miami and the gap between them and USF has widen considerably. Stan and his staff need to really make up ground this weekend by showing Henry an incredible time and hopefully going out to see the mom this week. It's only fair that Heath let's her see and learn about the kind of person that her son could play for. Coach Larranaga was way ahead of Heath on this one.

Edited by Vega

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Mothers don't always think what is best for their children but in this case I can’t disagree with her.

UNC is a good school and I wish he would come here. 

He could be a star at USF but a mothers influence and connection is a power full force at this point in his life. 

IMO If he leaves home USF would be a much better choice then Miami. 

There is better quality of life in Tampa Bay and going home is the same out of Tampa or Miami

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

And where does UNC fit into his recruiting?

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Don't worry about 71. Most of the time he has no idea what's going on.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

You're about to get a lecture on ADHD.

Your safe...I thought I had read about mom  Liking UNC..but then my...Ill spare ya

No excuse. I read about Augusta and soomed to AUGUSTA GA then UNC Basketball power house..1 hour drive ....next door damm Jtrue you did this to me