• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

98.7 FM the Fan

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Ok, you can get streaming audio for 98.7! Great news for us out of towners. CBS radio actually has an app for the iPhone that has it.

Just to be clear you still won't get any games.... they'll be blacked out just like they were on 620/970's streams last season... they play replays of past shows.

True but you can usually catch some of the pregam. Also the Skip Holtz radio show has been free. Last year I searched all of the USF stations during football games and did find a few without paying. I like to sinc it with my DVR and get the best of both worlds. In terms of basketball, I have a college app that allowed me to hear all USF games for free. I actually don't mind paying if I had to but our web site really sucks for out of towners as they sometimes have technical difficulties during games.

Look... we're on the same page... until about 5 days ago I couldn't get AM radio in my car and as such I would miss the post game coverage on the drive home... I would love to have access to streaming for the FB games. I'm just relaying what Bill McGillis and the staff at WDAE... specifically Justin P. told me at the time. I hope CBS radio can get the broadcasts for us.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

http://www.examiner.com/article/sports-radio-98-7-and-usf-announce-broadcast-partnership

Sports Radio 98.7 “The Fan†and theUniversity of South Florida announced yesterday at a press conference that Tampa Bay’s newest all-sports radio station will serve as the flagship station for USF athletics. The multi-year agreement begins this fall and includes coverage of USF football and men’s basketball.

Additionally, baseball and women’s basketball will be broadcast on 1010AM “The Fanâ€.

“USF Athletics is clearly on the rise and we are pleased to partner with them as their new flagship radio station,†said Ben Hill, Senior Vice President and Market Manager, CBS RADIO Tampa Bay. “Today marks the beginning of Sports Radio “The Fan†a station dedicated solely to Tampa Bay area sports. USF programming is an incredible complement to our lineup and a win for the local audience.â€

“This is an exciting partnership between USF Athletics and its new flagship station 98.7 The Fan,†said Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Doug Woolard. “They will be the first FM sports station in the region and we think it says a lot about what USF means to the Tampa area that we would be the first major partner. They’ve organized a terrific lineup with some of the most talented people in radio, who will be able to provide comprehensive information on USF Athletics. We look forward to a long and prosperous partnership.â€

Football broadcasts will continue to be produced by IMG College with Jim Louk doing the play-by-play, Mark Robinson handling color commentary and Mike Pepper as the sideline reporter. Pre and Post game shows will be hosted by Jim Lighthall and Justin Pawlowski.

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Those of us in Lakeland and further east are out of luck since their signal is weak. I hope they have plans to boost the signal.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

You can be in the gulf and get a better signal than Lakeland

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

You can be in the gulf and get a better signal than Lakeland

Fisherman > Citrus farmers??

LOL

• Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  728
  • Days Won:  0

Could you imagine if USF Football got a deal with a powerhouse like WPCV 97.5?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Could you imagine if USF Football got a deal with a powerhouse like WPCV 97.5?

That would be huge for the middle of the state.

They're independent too so it's possible.

Our undefeated season that Includes wins over fsu & um could do it.

:D

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

This will be great if somehow USF is able to put together a good football season and improve upon the men's basketball. This station is trying to fill the gap left by "that other station" by having more live programming and actually talking about USF sports rather than merely ignoring them or bashing. I do not want to hear a USF lovefest but would be interested in hearing talk which does not constantly dismiss or ridicule my alma mater. I always laughed at the moron who says that we need to support the home teams no matter where we are from but hates on USF. USF is the only home team which will not threaten to move.....

Edited by Mission9