• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Olympics thread

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Watching the U S Women's Volleyball game and figured I'd start a thread for those so inclined to discuss ... Ladies went up 2-0 but a gutsy S Korean team just won the third game in best 3 out of 5.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Watching the U S Women's Volleyball game and figured I'd start a thread for those so inclined to discuss ... Ladies went up 2-0 but a gutsy S Korean team just won the third game in best 3 out of 5.

US took the fourth game to win the round.

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Good thread.

The Olympics are awesome.. I'm watching diving and dudes are identically propelling themselves into like 5 flips and into perfect dives. I dont know how they even judge this, it all looks perfect. Chinese dominate this and USA got a bronze which is a success.

Misty may Treanor and Walsh playing beach volleyball now. Misty mays husband is a bench player for the dodgers. What a life, id do it for half.

Haven't had a chance to watch much but have seen both Women's Volleyball games and caught the tail end of Kim Rhode's record setting accomplishment in Skeet. First American to win an individual medal in 5 consecutive Olympics and set an Olympic record in hitting 99 out of a 100 .... mind boggling.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

The blind Korean archer who hit 699 / 720 (I think) with 72 freaken arrows was mind-boggling!

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Sex in the olympic village for anyone who hasn't yet seen this article. It sounds like a wild spring break for all of these young athletes to go get their game on.

http://m.espn.go.com/extra/olympics/story?storyId=8133052

Edited by Gismo

The blind Korean archer who hit 699 / 720 (I think) with 72 freaken arrows was mind-boggling!

"Legally" blind ... still a great accomplishment but it's not like Stevie Wonder going up there. B)

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

To zero surprise, Men's Basketball will go up to 2-0, leading Tunisia by almost 40. Play Thursday at 5:15 against Nigeria who has one NBA player.

And as I write this, Anthony Davis is goign BONKERS. 3 nasty alley's, culminating in a one handed slam from CP3. But, this article pissed me off: http://www.tampabay....icle1243157.ece I thought it was dumb and completel incorrect as he described that people were "eager to see them lose". But, that's just me. Just thought there are so many topics on the Olympics that an experienced writer like Shelton could write about.

In other Olympics, congrats to Michael Phelps who just received his 19th olympic medal this afternoon feat. Truly an incredible feat.

Edited by theman123

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I'm enjoying them.

The 8PM prime time leaves a lot to be desired

To zero surprise, Men's Basketball will go up to 2-0, leading Tunisia by almost 40. Play Thursday at 5:15 against Nigeria who has one NBA player.

And as I write this, Anthony Davis is goign BONKERS. 3 nasty alley's, culminating in a one handed slam from CP3. But, this article pissed me off: http://www.tampabay....icle1243157.ece I thought it was dumb and completel incorrect as he described that people were "eager to see them lose". But, that's just me. Just thought there are so many topics on the Olympics that an experienced writer like Shelton could write about.

In other Olympics, congrats to Michael Phelps who just received his 19th olympic medal this afternoon feat. Truly an incredible feat.

Agree that there are so many topics there that most have never been exposed to that could be written about .... although if he's staying for the whole thing, that's a lot of space to fill. As far as the people eager to see them lose quote, if by "people" he meant the whole world outside of the US that's watching, he's dead on. The underdog is always a favorite ... especially if the team they're facing is as dominant as this one is. It's the nature of the beast.