• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spring Game April 16th @RayJay on Brighthouse TV

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

all very interesting

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wildrover

Is putting it on tv a good thing, so few show up now as it is.  Wouldn't you want to encourage atendance not do things to make people want to stay home

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

It could well be embarrasing to have the new conference officials there if attendence was anything like last year.  I say we should do something really simple like promote a fun family night for something like $10 a car load  and let people cram however many they can into the thing.  Charge at the parking lot entry ways (it was free parking last year) and give them the tickets there.  The off stadium lots probably won't even be open, but if they are it could be $5 a ticket at the gate.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267
  • Days Won:  0

Does anyone know if Ga Tech QB transfer Patrick Carter has actually transferred to USF yet, and will he be eligable to participate in the spring practices and game.  I know he won't be eligable to play until 2006 and probably won't see time at QB here but I was just curious.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

The off stadium lots probably won't even be open, but if they are it could be $5 a ticket at the gate.

Shouldn't be any charge if attendance is a worry, just get people in there!  I don't uderstand how charging $$$ is going to increase attendance?  We need to get people in the habbit of going to this EVERY year BEFORE even thinking of charging for it.  It isn't that exciting to begin with.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Shouldn't be any charge if attendance is a worry, just get people in there!  I don't uderstand how charging $$$ is going to increase attendance?  We need to get people in the habbit of going to this EVERY year BEFORE even thinking of charging for it.  It isn't that exciting to begin with.

Without verifying my personal conjecture with any inside sources at USF, I believe the $5 admission charge is there for at least one reason.  I believe it likely is one of the following:

1)  To cover the cost differential between the renting the stadium and holding all the events on campus.

2)  It associates a "value" with the event

3)  It becomes an added incentive for potential new season ticket holders to get their tickets in advance.

4)  Keeps out the riff-raff.

I mostly believe it is #1, basically a cost differential because of the selection of venue.  I do not know that for sure at this time, but I am willing to bet that had it been held on campus, there would be no $5 charge.  This was likely a compromise to do what the Bulls Club wanted to do (in terms of the atmosphere and entertainment) and still keep it at RJS.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Turn off the **** idiot box and get your asses out there !!! GO BULLS !!!!!!    ;D

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

It associates a "value" with the event

Ahhh....so thankful that someone else said that.

If you give something away (e.g. a ticket) and there is no 'cost' to the reciepient, it has little if any value. But by attaching, even a token amount, to that ticket there's a better chance it will be used (valued).

How many tickets have I given away over the years, only to hear some mutton-head excuse as to why it wasn't  used. Henceforth, wanna go to the game? Buy a ticket.

Sounds to me like this is the right move. By keeping the event at RayJ, but really making it more of an "event" rather than just in-watch-the-scrimmage-out , and ensuring that the sponsorship (advertising) covers the nut of the rent.