• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Badet, Freedom HS, Orlando, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

WR Jeff Badet chooses USF Bulls in.gif

August, 2, 2012

Aug 2

4:55

PM ET

By Corey Dowlar | ESPN.com

Three-star wide receiver Jeff Badet (Orlando, Fla./Freedom) capped off his 18th birthday with a commitment to South Florida on Thursday.

The 6-foot, 162-pound prospect chose USF over Boston College, FIU and Louisville.

"The main reason I committed was because of the bond I share with the coaches," he said.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/163944/jeff-badet

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

gjdm

U misc?

u wot m8?

OhSnapBlackKid7478154.gif

Exclusive: Freedom WR Jeff Badet commits to USF

1343941718888.jpg

Badet makes verbal commitment to USF

By Tiffany Greene, Bright House Sports Network

Last Updated: Thursday, August 02, 2012

ORLANDO --

Timing is everything. Freedom wide receiver Jeff Badet was looking for the perfect opportunity to announce his college plans for next year. So, the Patriots senior stopped by our Bright House Sports Network studios on his 18th birthday to reveal his commitment. BHSN was the first to know the lucky winner in the Badet sweepstakes--the University of South Florida.

“I’ve been there like five times this summer with former teammate Asiantii Woulard,†Badet said. The two played together at Freedom during the 2010-11 season and will be rejoined again at USF. “I just like how the coaches are like family to me.â€

USF was always Badet’s preferred choice but Boston College and Louisville were also in consideration. Another area standout, Wekiva’s defensive back Terrance Ross was trying to convince Badet to join him as a Cardinal.

“Out of the three, USF showed me the most interest,†Badet said.

He looks to follow up this strong performance last season, leading the Patriots receiving core with 718 receiving yards and seven touchdowns.

To watch the entire interview with Jeff Badet, click on the video link.

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bhsn/2012/8/2/exclusive_freedom_wr.html?cid=rss

Asiantii Woulard â€@Asiantii_2

S/I to @jbadet_4 on the commitment to USF, looking forward to tearing it up in 2013! Loving #Bullsnation! #GoBulls #USF

Retweeted by Jeff Badet

Orlando Freedom WR Jeff Badet makes USF commitment official

By Brendan Sonnone | Orlando Sentinel,

11:32 a.m. EST, August 2, 2012

Orlando Freedom receiver Jeff Badet committed to USF Thursday, his birthday.

The speedy wide out picked the Bulls over scholarship offers from Louisville, Boston College, FIU and others.

USF was not even an option for Badet until the Bulls offered him a scholarship shortly after his strong performance at June’s Super Bull, the team’s one-day prospect camp.

But once USF offered in July, Badet was sold on the Bulls.

Badet (5-11, 170) told the Sentinel last month that he would likely commit to USF on his 18th birthday, but wanted to hold off until weighing all his options.

USF’s proximity to Orlando proved to be a deciding factor for Badet, as did Winter Park quarterback Asiantii Woulard's pledge to USF. Woulard is friends with Badet from when they played at Freedom together.

Badet, ranked No. 27 on the Sentinel’s 2013 Central Florida Super60 list, has potential to thrive as a slot receiver in USF’s spread system. Known for his quickness and straight-line speed, Badet is a home-run threat when working the seam and had 718 yards and seven touchdowns last year.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-08-02/sports/os-orlando-freedom-wr-jeff-badet-makes-usf-commitment-official-20120802_1_jeff-badet-bsonnone-or-facebook-usf

Just talked to dad will call me later

Ross or Badet?

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Just talked to dad will call me later

never mind Edited by Bullwinkle

Ross

Oh, good. LOL

We've put a lot of safeties in the NFL. One of them, Nate Allen was a HS QB who ended up playing Safety at USF and was a high draft pick. I remember talking to his mom, who was a school teacher, when he first started playing safety and told her he'd do great there, and the rest is history.