• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Boise State...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Tick Tock...

Have they officially withdrawn and joined the BE? Isn't tonight the deadline?

This is... kinda a big deal...

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

They have until midnight, not sure which time zone, but I would guess Pacific. There is no reason to wait until the last moment, unless they are still deciding.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

UL poster saying las vegas news station saying they are staying in mwc

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  84
  • Days Won:  0

They do have until midnight but if they decided not to come would it be that bad?

The conference is not as geographically laughable without them, right. Sure they are a good team, at the moment, but so can USF, UofL, UH etc. If true, maybe SDSU is out as well and the BE can concentrate on being a more center-east conf (from SMU to UConn) and if we need two more teams then lets finally ask ECU and either So. Miss or Tulsa. All three play good football and we know that drives the bus!

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I sent a tweet to BE Asst commissioner, who was OL earlier. No response.

Idaho Statesmen tweets

Still absolutely no sign that Boise State is going to announce anything today. Beginning to hear some Monday chatter. We'll see.

and

Source: Boise State has not told Mountain West it is staying in conference

Edited by Bullwinkle

They have until midnight, not sure which time zone, but I would guess Pacific. There is no reason to wait until the last moment, unless they are still deciding.

Boise is RMST. 2 hours different from us..... at the tone the time will be 11:54. I am wondering if a deadline which land on a weekend night is enforceable. They may have until Midnight Monday as the "next business day". They are obviously doing something behind the scenes. My hope is that, that what they are doing includes a home for the OS. Won't they owe the BE $5MM if they bail? They don't have a good way out of this unless they can place those teams. Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  924
  • Days Won:  1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Sheesh - talking about weighing your options till the last minute ... kinda like President Whitmore deciding at the last minute to deploy the nukes against the alien menace ...

94548-bill_pullman_independence_day.jpg

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

They withdrew tonight around 10:20 local time. Brings a little more credibility to the new BE. For all these bandwagon Bronco fans out here I hope they get a wake up call facing better teams week in and week out...

They withdrew tonight around 10:20 local time. Brings a little more credibility to the new BE. For all these bandwagon Bronco fans out here I hope they get a wake up call facing better teams week in and week out...

You are gonna come here and start like THAT????? Especially after all the nice things i said about Horsies tonight. I mean, do you really want to go THERE already. Let's play nice until we kick the stuffing out of those old grey mares. :icon_deadhorse:

You know something about that emoticon has always deeply disturbed me. The look on the Not so happy Face, it's proximity to the horse and something about the horse(maybe he's smiling) and what is he doing with his hindquarters? Is it me?

Edited by Bullwinkle