• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SF/PG Adonys Henriquez

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

-star SF Adonys Henriquez impressed with USF premium.gif

1061076.jpg

4-star SF Henriquez 'USF facilities are amazing"

Profile:

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=8&c=1&nid=5878481

By Larry Weisbaum

USFNation.com

Date: Jun 20, 2012

Adonys Henriquez, Orlando Christian’s star small forward is ranked the No. 31 best player in the 2014 class. On Tuesday Henriquez took a trip to Tampa to see what USF had to offer and came away very impressed, saying the new facilities were amazing. Afterwards the 4-star prospect talked about the visit, what stood out, and more

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Mama_Bull three of the top players in Florida for that class were in together. Along with Henriquez, Dmitri Thompson & Jonathan Joseph also visited.

Adonys Henriquez â€@ProBound23

"Great visit it get's harder and harder when your torn between lot's of great programs."

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

The new facilities in all sports are impressing recruits across the board.

The entire athletic district is now quite a showplace.

It wasn't too long ago that there were trailers there. LOL

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653

These new facilities should allow us to make some good waves in basketball for the coming seasons

• 5 months later...

Adonys has committed to Miami. Surprisingly quick verbal from him and a pretty good blow to the 2014 class for USF.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,672
  • Days Won:  424

http://tampabay.sbna...iami-basketball

High school junior Adonys Henriquez has announced a verbal commitment to play basketball for the Miami Hurricanes, according to Evan Daniels at FOXSports. The 6'5 shooting and point guard is a four-star recruit who attends Orlando Christian Prep. He is a junior on the team, and also plays for the Florida Rams AAU squad.

Henriquez was weighing offers from Miami, Clemson, Mississippi, Virginia Tech, and Connecticut. Earlier in the year, he was also connected to Florida State, South Florida, Kansas, Louisville, Kentucky, and others.

Henriquez already has several accomplishments to his name. Most recently, he was named to the Winter Park Rotary Tip Off Classic All-Tournament team. Henriquez led OCP to a third-place finish in that tournament.

Miami's tall guards will all be gone by the time Henriquez arrives. Seniors Garrius Adams (6'6), Trey McKinney Jones (6'5), Durand Scott (6'5) and junior Rion Brown (6'6) are all much taller than the team's younger guards like sophomores Shane Larkin (5'11), Justin Heller (6'2), and freshman Steve Sorenson (6'0). Henriquez offers height to the guard position for the Hurricanes.

• 8 months later...

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

I thought there was already a thread on him but I can't find it. So mods merge it if you want. Recently decommitted from Miami and thought we might be back on him since we were after him before. However it seems we aren't actively recruiting him anymore.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/two-schools-stand-out-for-henriquez/#more-102409

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I thought there was already a thread on him but I can't find it. So mods merge it if you want. Recently decommitted from Miami and thought we might be back on him since we were after him before. However it seems we aren't actively recruiting him anymore.

Interesting. I wonder of it's a matter of grades or just having too many wingplayers at SG?

Interesting. I wonder of it's a matter of grades or just having too many wingplayers at SG?

We wanted Hemriquez badly and signs pointed to USF maybe being a favorite, but he up and committed to Miami out of no where. Of course USF was fortunate enough to run into a hot young prospect at the SG spot by the name of Troy Holston. Well we have no room for Henriquez now even though he is a very good prospect. The only guard that we might sign appears to be a combo or point guard.

Hate the fact that he might end up at UCF with BJ Taylor, but it is what it is.

Edited by Vega