• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basketball Home Opener

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  271
  • Days Won:  1

Make note now, ANY USF STUDENT GETTING COMPANION TICKETS FOR UCF STUDENTS TO SIT IN THE STUDENT SECTION WILL BE PUNISHED.

Yet watch them do it anyway. "But they're a good friend of mine" they'll whine. IT DOESN'T MATTER. THEY'RE SCUM OF THE EARTH ucf!!!

Edited by ETA_for_life

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

They're forever our rivals now Trip...

always have been

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091

Figured we could have done better than UCF for the first game in the building. The fact that we are returning a game there in the same season is quite puzzling.

Not really. We begin conference play with them next season. So neither school would have settled for a "one and done" deal.

I still think this is a horrible game to open with. Yes, it will draw a crowd and spark interest, but we should have gone for the marquee name school (i.e. Duke, Baylor, Arizona, UCLA, Michigan State). Having one of them would have made it a national draw and still would have had the buzz. And heaven forbid we lose this game or they will hang this over our heads for a while, that they beat us for the grand opening. *knocks on wood *throws salt over shoulder *rubs lucky horse shoe

The other factor is, how many UCF fans will fill in? Hopefully it's just a small section that we're obligated to give them, and that we sell this game out in advance before the Gnats buy tickets. Make note now, ANY USF STUDENT GETTING COMPANION TICKETS FOR UCF STUDENTS TO SIT IN THE STUDENT SECTION WILL BE PUNISHED.

why would any of these top teams want to open our new arena and potentially lose

a lose lose for these powers

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

USF fans on the UCF board need to give us a bit more credit...................

"However, I think the game will be sold out and at best be 50/50 USF/UCF fans, if not more in USF's favor."

Yeah, I saw that and had to say something on their Rivals board. They love to bash our basketball attendance but with a new Sun Dome and coming off of a year like we had last year there is no way we are outnumbered by fans of the Golden Showers.

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

"However, I think the game will be sold out and at best be 50/50 USF/UCF fans, if not more in USF's favor."

Yeah, I saw that and had to say something on their Rivals board. They love to bash our basketball attendance but with a new Sun Dome and coming off of a year like we had last year there is no way we are outnumbered by fans of the Golden Showers.

There's no way it'll be 50/50.

Have them tell you what their attendance was before they moved in to their new arena.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

So, on their boards you said there might be 50% UCiF fans in attendance? At best, there could be 30-35%. There's no way they fill up half the dome on opening day, completely renovated and coming off the best season in school history.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Figured we could have done better than UCF for the first game in the building. The fact that we are returning a game there in the same season is quite puzzling.

Not really. We begin conference play with them next season. So neither school would have settled for a "one and done" deal.

Since they wanted the return the game we should have just gone elsewhere. There have to be other teams out there that we could have gotten to come here.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

On paper, our team should crush them.

We have Collins and they don't. Case closed.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049

Yeah, but. We also have the Burial Mound. This game worries me. I hope our boys know what's at stake and take it seriously. Same goes for the student body.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Yeah, but. We also have the Burial Mound. This game worries me. I hope our boys know what's at stake and take it seriously. Same goes for the student body.

Not worried about the students one bit. You tell them UCF is coming and they will show up; just look at soccer when we played them. As I've said, the only concern about the students is some poor fool getting a ticket for his UCF friend in the student section.

Also, we need a name for the student section. I wouldn't be comfortable re-branding it Death Row out of respect for the original group.