• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East In Flux As Spring Meetings Begin

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Heck yeah! Be proactive for the first time! Bring back all of the old BE teams BC, VT, Miami....and FSU

Pete Thamel â€@PeteThamelNYT

For all predicting dire fates for the Big East, reps from NBC and Fox were here. Big East, despite geography, still being courted.

If the BE could bring in um and BC, maybe we could pursuade ND to join. They already play BC, and just singed a contract to play um. The BE signs with NBC UNiversal, get's ND to join letting them keep all revenue from home games (until their current contract ends).NBC keeps ND home games, gets away games as well, the BE adds THE cash cow. wishfull thinking

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Screw it; let Judy run this part for the BE; She's got the biggest set in the room and is not afraid to use em....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Heck yeah! Be proactive for the first time! Bring back all of the old BE teams BC, VT, Miami....and FSU

For all predicting dire fates for the Big East, reps from NBC and Fox were here. Big East, despite geography, still being courted.

If the BE could bring in um and BC, maybe we could pursuade ND to join. They already play BC, and just singed a contract to play um. The BE signs with NBC UNiversal, get's ND to join letting them keep all revenue from home games (until their current contract ends).NBC keeps ND home games, gets away games as well, the BE adds THE cash cow. wishfull thinking

Ok, this board has officially lost it.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

BE somehow needs to be proactive. I think we could be better than the ACC if we could somehow in the unlikely event raid them and bring in some teams.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

My friend; we lost it a LOOOOONNNNGGGGG time ago....

• Upvote 1

2 years ago, Nebraska in the Big 10, aTm, and Missouri in the SEC, BSU, SDSU, ucf, SMU, Houston, Temple in the BE. You say this board has lost it. NOTHING is beyond the realm of possibility at this point.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

2 years ago, Nebraska in the Big 10, aTm, and Missouri in the SEC, BSU, SDSU, ucf, SMU, Houston, Temple in the BE. You say this board has lost it. NOTHING is beyond the realm of possibility at this point.

The only conferences Miami will not go to are the Pac 12 and the BE. ND is not going to join a conference anytime soon and if/when they do, it sure as hell won't be the BE. They could wait for 4 16 team conferences to form and they would still be included as the 65th team/17th team conference (They have so much power that they are the exception imo). If anyone's doing the raiding if the ACC loses more teams, it's the ACC raiding us for the 3rd time. Our only hope is they get raided so much that they have to include us, or get a tv deal close to their's.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I hear UCF turned down the SEC to be in a league with us. :D

I hear UCF turned down the SEC to be in a league with us. :D

I thought that Judy blocked the SEC move, so she could block the BE move one more time. :D

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

So should we make a play at keeping Pitt and Syracuse? Possibly Poach 2 from the ACC to bring us to 16 when Navy joins the league? It would be more advantageous for us to do the poaching as we don't have a TV deal locked up like the ACC which is locked up until 2024(?). I think the long term TV deals puts us in the drivers seat as we can actually negotiate from scratch. I think we are in prime position to reinvent ourselves here. I would hope the BE can afford to pay 50% of the 20 million dollar buy out for any 4 of the ACC, or $40 million. If we bring in 4 more all sport teams can we afford to split from the non FB schools and have a 13 team BB league? We can keep some non football members, ND, Nova, Providence, or GT? I am just asking questions here. I think an aggressive move is possible here and it could turn the tide in our favor, but we need to be bold and choose the right teams that will be left in the cold and deal a destructive blow to the ACC. I think the new BE is a better conference than the ACC scraps, after you remove, FSU, Clemson, VT, and Miami. I am just asking questions here. I see tons of opportunities here if we make the right choices. Then it will go from the ACC looking like they saved their lives 8 months ago to us and the B12 putting a nail in their coffin.

YES, YES and YES. We fight to bring back Pitt and Syracuse AND invite FSU and Georgia Tech. Who knows we may end up with more tv revenue than the Big12 (definitely more than the ACC). Marinatto would never have thought this way or suggest it to the Presidents and he always wanted to act in the open. Time to get aggresive and start talking to these types of schools.

No way we get FSU. GT could be a possibility. I think we could conceivabley add three teams, since Navy makes 13 in a few years.

Since we are dreaming, one scenario I'd be happy with is several ACC teams folding and the BE picking up the remaining ACC teams EXCEPT Pitt and Syracuse. Kind of ridiculous, but it would be hilarious to see Pitt and 'Cuse get stuck in C-DOA.

More realistically, the remaining ACC schools pluck the best of the BE (including USF) and the basketball schools carry the new BE teams or split off from football. I don't see USF in the Big Four this round, but it would be great to be in whatever ends up being the fifth best conference.