• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fathead or Stencil help

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

2 ideas: put the fathead on the plywood (or foam), then cut it to fit the fathead and it'll "pop" or put the fathead up, trace around it, then paint the tracing (and then you can still put the fathead elsewhere)

I like the way you think. Do you have any idea if these fatheads are "reusable", ie. once you put it up can it be taken down and reapplied?

Thanks.

Yuppers. http://www.fathead.com/faq/

They've got something called a street grip now, that's designed for concrete/ asphalt. It's permanent, but might do what you want.

They also do foam-backed heads - if you ask them, they might do a foam backed :iconic_u_black:

Didn't see USF being available for the street grip. Looked through all the categories and the iconic U was the only USF gear that I found on their site.

That's why I said call asn ask - I think they can do just about anythign as a custom quote.

Well, if only I paid attention to what I was reading. Must be the paint fumes. The green wall got done yesterday and the gold walls are drying around me. Really look great as they dry.

Pix or it didn't happen!!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  326
  • Days Won:  1

go to lowes or home depot by the gutter section. they sell 2 inch thick4 x 8 pieces if styrofoam for about 15 dollars. get 2 side by side and trace the outline of the u with a pencil. remove the u then transfer the line 2 inches smaller all the way around. cut the foam with a hacksaw then mount it to the wall with a little bit of liquid nails. then mount the fathead to the styrofaom and it will look 3d since it will be standing 2 inches off the wall.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

go to lowes or home depot by the gutter section. they sell 2 inch thick4 x 8 pieces if styrofoam for about 15 dollars. get 2 side by side and trace the outline of the u with a pencil. remove the u then transfer the line 2 inches smaller all the way around. cut the foam with a hacksaw then mount it to the wall with a little bit of liquid nails. then mount the fathead to the styrofaom and it will look 3d since it will be standing 2 inches off the wall.

So instead of mounting it to the plywood you are suggesting the thicker styrofoam. Will the fathead adhere to that?

2 ideas: put the fathead on the plywood (or foam), then cut it to fit the fathead and it'll "pop" or put the fathead up, trace around it, then paint the tracing (and then you can still put the fathead elsewhere)

I like the way you think. Do you have any idea if these fatheads are "reusable", ie. once you put it up can it be taken down and reapplied?

Thanks.

Yuppers. http://www.fathead.com/faq/

They've got something called a street grip now, that's designed for concrete/ asphalt. It's permanent, but might do what you want.

They also do foam-backed heads - if you ask them, they might do a foam backed :iconic_u_black:

Didn't see USF being available for the street grip. Looked through all the categories and the iconic U was the only USF gear that I found on their site.

That's why I said call asn ask - I think they can do just about anythign as a custom quote.

Well, if only I paid attention to what I was reading. Must be the paint fumes. The green wall got done yesterday and the gold walls are drying around me. Really look great as they dry.

Pix or it didn't happen!!!!!!!

You are assuming I know how to put a picture up on this new site. Notice the scoreboard by my name? I haven't been able to figure out how to put my pic of the ND game scoreboard up. Not sure how the colors would show up in a photo. Got the paint at home depot. Glidden supposedly has the "official colors" available. They may not be perfect but they are looking good.

Best thing to do for pix is get a Picasa or Photobucket, etc account and post them there, then link to them from here.

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  308
  • Days Won:  0

Use a projector to shine the logo onto the wall. Adjust it to the size you want and then trace around the projected logo. After tracing, tape outside the line, then paint the logo and then remove the tape. Enjoy.

Use a projector to shine the logo onto the wall. Adjust it to the size you want and then trace around the projected logo. After tracing, tape outside the line, then paint the logo and then remove the tape. Enjoy.

Two thumbs up!

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I used vinyl painters tape from the automotive section.... Used it before and you can really manipulate it

• 4 weeks later...

Hopefully these show up. Waited a couple of weeks before putting the Fathead on new paint. They recommended a month but couldn't wait that long. And even though they said not to put it on a textured wall well, again, I tried the small one first and it looked OK. You can see the ridges from the orange peel finish a bit, but doesn't ruin the overall effect. Still need to get up shelving to put the memorabilia on, but I'm liking it. The paint colors look better in person than the photos.

This a bat we received at the dedication of the baseball stadium (along with my Hole in One ball)

post-6828-0-78090800-1339166861_thumb.jp

The big fathead with some signed stuff that has to go on shelves

post-6828-0-38081900-1339166899_thumb.jp

The one green wall with a smaller fathead (they give you 4 or 5 smaller ones on the sheet along with the large one)

post-6828-0-47520100-1339166923_thumb.jp

Guess I made the photos too small. Will try to make them larger but keep the file sizes small enough to upload. I guess if you click on the image it makes it the right size?

Edited by CousinRicky