• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What odds would you have given to the rise of bball & downfall of football?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

You are dramatically overstating the "rise of basketball" AND the "downfall of football."

This...

That is fair to say right now.

However, what if we have another down season? I think it's fair to say that we all have no idea what this team is going to look like come September and I don't think it would surprise many people if we only win 6 or 7 games.

6 or 7 wins is not good Flip. I can never understand why USF isn't better in football considering the state they can recruit from and the level on competition in the Big East which isn't much. USF should be 1 of the bell cows on this weak conference.

so true

our football program has underachieved for years

holtz failure to land a qb will spell his doom

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

The reality os we should not have been a 5-7 team last year, we lost so many games by one play, we just had one of those year where we couldnt catch a break.....easily couldve been 7-5 or 8-4.....

Exactly right. There's no question a 1-6 record in conference play sucks big time, but not every 1-6 team is the same. A 1-6 team that lost its games by an average of 30 points or something is a terrible team. But take away the terrible Pitt game, and USF's other six losses last year were by an average of less than five points. It was a combination of the team struggling and lots of bad luck.

Bad luck is called bad coaching. Losing late double digit leads is not bad luck friend. That is called players thinking they won before the game is over which is something that the coaches must control. You can say we lost 6 games by blah blah blah. We still lost end of story.

Please show me these "Late Double Digit Leads" that you speak of? Bet you can't.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

The reality os we should not have been a 5-7 team last year, we lost so many games by one play, we just had one of those year where we couldnt catch a break.....easily couldve been 7-5 or 8-4.....

Exactly right. There's no question a 1-6 record in conference play sucks big time, but not every 1-6 team is the same. A 1-6 team that lost its games by an average of 30 points or something is a terrible team. But take away the terrible Pitt game, and USF's other six losses last year were by an average of less than five points. It was a combination of the team struggling and lots of bad luck.

Bad luck is called bad coaching. Losing late double digit leads is not bad luck friend. That is called players thinking they won before the game is over which is something that the coaches must control. You can say we lost 6 games by blah blah blah. We still lost end of story.

Please show me these "Late Double Digit Leads" that you speak of? Bet you can't.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=313090164

The game didn't look good for the Scarlet Knights after they fell behind 17-3 midway through the fourth quarter on a 4-yard run by Demetris Murray that capped an 89-yard drive.

I would consider this a late double-digit lead. But that's just me.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

You are dramatically overstating the "rise of basketball" AND the "downfall of football."

This...

That is fair to say right now.

However, what if we have another down season? I think it's fair to say that we all have no idea what this team is going to look like come September and I don't think it would surprise many people if we only win 6 or 7 games.

6 or 7 wins is not good Flip. I can never understand why USF isn't better in football considering the state they can recruit from and the level on competition in the Big East which isn't much. USF should be 1 of the bell cows on this weak conference.

I'm not say that is good. Far from it. I'm just saying that we don't know what to expect this season and we could very well be the same as we were last season. It's a terrible thing to say when 6 or 7 wins makes it a better seaosn than the season before. That shouldn't happen to this program.

http://espn.go.com/n...ameId=313090164

The game didn't look good for the Scarlet Knights after they fell behind 17-3 midway through the fourth quarter on a 4-yard run by Demetris Murray that capped an 89-yard drive.

I would consider this a late double-digit lead. But that's just me.

LEADS (EMPHASIS ON THE S)

UCONN 10-16 No double digit lead

UC 34-37 10 point lead in the 3rd Quarter for 57 seconds

RU 17-20 14 point 4th quarter lead for 13 seconds

UM 3-6 No Double Digit Lead

UL 24-34 14 point 2nd quarter lead for 22 seconds

WVU No double digit lead

As you've pointed out there was ONE 1/4 "Late" lead that we gave up.

There's no doubt that better coaching is/was needed, but to fabricate the truth to support your argument is dishonest at best.

• Content Count:  10,565

Double digit lead or not, we blew 4 of the 6 game mentioned (UC, RU, UL, WVU).

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

BBM - how do you know he meant plural? Answer: you don't. As far as fuhbull goes, he's a pretty negative guy but his point is - blowing late leads is not luck related. I think you should try reading posts more than once before making a challenge that can be easily met.

• Content Count:  7,780

We've had 1 losing season in the past 10 years and although it might seem bad on the surface right now, the Big East hasn't crashed into total irrelevancy yet. So, I'm not quite sure I'm ready to throw in the towel on football. Basketball has me excited, but I'd like to see a little more sustained success before I crown that program.

Well stated.

BBM - how do you know he meant plural? Answer: you don't. As far as fuhbull goes, he's a pretty negative guy but his point is - blowing late leads is not luck related. I think you should try reading posts more than once before making a challenge that can be easily met.

Answer: I DO He used an S at the end of lead(S). Using an S at then end of Lead(s) means plural. Why are you always trying to find fault in my post(S). Get over yourself. You are no longer worth my time.

Archived