• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bradley Battles

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

I was looking at the roster trying to find a player who could have a big year this year. What's the deal with this Bradley Battles kid? Looks to have a lot of talent and was a good prospect out of high school. Any chance he plays RB this year for us?

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Hasn't shown the consistency the coaches want to see. Would think he's somewhere around fourth on depth chart. Behind Murray, Shaw, Lamar, probably ahead of Willie Davis. Wild to think someone could be promising enough to earn the start in his first college game, then two years later, have 57 total rushing yards.

• Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

Well it was stony brook i believe haha but yes that's very disappointing. Maybe he will put it together this yea because I feel like he has potential.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Hasn't shown the consistency the coaches want to see. Would think he's somewhere around fourth on depth chart. Behind Murray, Shaw, Lamar, probably ahead of Willie Davis. Wild to think someone could be promising enough to earn the start in his first college game, then two years later, have 57 total rushing yards.

And then you can have a walk on who becomes a starter & star....crazy game.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

And then you can have a walk on who becomes a starter & star....crazy game.

And, FWIW, Battles was a Rivals 4-star coming in ...

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I think Battles had some academic struggles at USF. He was a marginal student in HS. That could have set him back on the field.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Battles and Bellamy were supposed to be our great backs of the '09 class. One never made it to campus, and the other has been irrelevant. What a shame.

I still have faith in the kid though, he was awarded with a starting position for a reason. Of course, he lost it quickly for a reason too. Hopefully he has his head on straight if that was an issue.

• Content Count:  765
  • Days Won:  0

Battles has been great in flashes, so it would not be a surprise to see him get hot. Shaw is the back I'm most looking forward to this season. He is a great alternative to Murray, who is certain to be our workhorse, although he seems to lack Shaw's (or Battle's) burst. It will also be interesting to see if we can use Lamar's speed this year. Lamar's use has been too predictable. It is a shame not to better use the killer speed that he has.

Archived